Shower Tips, Hints, Suggestions ??

rowandaP

For those of you that wash and condition in the shower, I'm having a problem lately. My current regimine I've been using Garlic shampoo, which requires you to shampoo, rinse, shampoo again and let it sit for 5 min, then I have to DC I get out for about 20 - 30 minutes get back in rinse and if I used the protein cond I use a moist cond which is about another 3 - 5 minutes.

This is exhausting me it takes like an hour to complete the steps and if I don't use the protein deep, I always use Pantene R&N cond for 3 - 5 it is sooo boring just standing in the shower for 10 minutes the water tends to start gettin cool, It only takes me like 5 minutes washing up, once you wash up TWICE, what do you do just stand there? I don't want to resort back to the sink (tangles) but I may have to.

Any suggestions for a smooth shower wash day???

KinksnCurlz

The sink gives me major tangles. So i just jump in and out of the shower approx. 3x. For the shampoo, i just stay in there (i use the garlic 2 from time to time) and lather up. While I am rinsing my body, I wash the shampoo out first. For the DC, i get out, do a few errands, and get back in. If I'm doing a protein treatment I do the same thing, get out, get back in and for the DC, i either stay in 4 the alloted time (5-10 mins) or i get out.
I know it's a hassle but it's all for the best esp. since my hair is tanglefree

rowandaP

I can't even imagine you washing in the sink wit all that hair.

Does it ever bother you gettin out an in? Like do you dread wash day because of it? See my thing is esp with the moist, cond I'd rather get out for the 3 - 5 minutes than to just stand there with the water running but by the time you get out turn the water off it's time to get right back in, what could you do in 3 - 5 minutes?

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I usually wet my hair first and add the conditioner. While the conditioner is in your hair just wash the rest of your body. You can also wear a plastic cap if you are concerned about water getting in your hair too soon. By the time I am done washing & rinsing myself I am sure 3-5 mins have gone by, then I rinse my hair last. Done!!!!

KinksnCurlz

I HATE WASH DAY!!!
esp. if it's treatment day ... ughhh

I bothers the heck out of me getting in just to get out and then get back in.
u can also leave it in for a longer period of time (10-15 mins) that way u won't feel like ur just jumping in/out/in/out.
I forgot all about this, after i shampoo, and apply my DC, i exfoliate and u know that takes a minute... and in those 5 mins, ur hair will be getting conditioned. That way, u don't have to get out of the shower until it's time to get out of the shower

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
rowandaP...How often do u wash and shampoo your hair?

I think I was in the same situation as you, I wondered how to save time on working on my hair too but I figured out a solution...

1. I wet my hair and put Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner in my hair. I leave that in while I wash my body in the shower.

2. Next I rinse it out (co-wash). If this is a shampoo day (I shampoo once a week), I shampoo my hair afterwards. This whole process takes about 10-15 minutes.

3. So after shampooing, I wrap my hair with a towel and then dry myself off with a different towel and then wrap my body with the towel.

4. I do a protein treatment once a week with Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum. If it is a protein treatment day, I take off the towel on my head and put my protein treatment in my hair, put on a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 10-20 minutes. I still have a towel wrapped around my body.

5. After Im done under the hooded dryer, I wash out the protein treatment in the shower. Then once I done, I wrap a towel around my hair, and a towel around my body and proceed to lotion up my body and then fool with my hair.

So it takes me about 20-40 minutes for that if it is a protein treatment day. I dont deep condition because I feel a protein treatment is enough. I hope this helps.

rowandaP

LOL maybe I'll try that..

You know...I even have a shower radio and I'll hear a song and think when this goes off 4 minutes should be done and it seems the song nevvver ends..

lol

chocolate01

Am I the only one that doen't get in and out of the shower? I let everythong work with the steam of the shower, here's what I do:

1. shampoo (I usually lather up twice)
2. motions cpr..I put it on and put a plastic cap over my head and proceed to wash my body, shave, scrub my feet, etc. After i'm done doing what I have todo I figure a good enough amount of time has passed so I just rinse out.
3.condition..apply my moisturizing conditioner, let it sit (I usually squeeze the soap out of my body puff while waiting) and then rinse.
4.If im using Salerm wheat germ mask I skip steps two and three and just condition with that and i'm done.

If I had to jump in and out of the shower I would get really annoyed, I just don't have the patience.

inthepink

I don't get in and out of the shower anymore. I pretty much do what chocolate01 does. I deep condition with the shower cap on while I wash/exfoliate/shave. Most of my conditioners work best with 5 minutes anyway. I just don't have the patience to get in and out anymore. My hair hasn't suffered and it keeps me from putting off washing my hair.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I get in & out too. I have CH's routine, but I wait to really shower until the second go round, b/c I hate having conditioner all down my back. I sit under a heating cap for at least 20 mins 95% of the time, so I go talk to the mister, touch up my pedicure, watch Jessica Simpson, get on the phone, whatever. The time is gone before I realize it. If for some reason I need to rinse and apply something else I just lean over the tub. I have one of those waterfall shower heads which is amazing and goes where I want it to. I kinda hold my hair in a ponytail so it doesn't get so tangled, but this is an absolute last resort. Otherwise I just get back in.

Queenie

I when I get out, I shave, read, go on the internet, watch Iron Chef. Pretty much anything that doesn't require me moving around a lot. It is a pain but, rinsing in sink means I'll spend an extra 1/2 hour to 45 minutes combing my hair.

Dolce_Dawn

I don't get in and out of the shower, either. I just wash, condition w/a cap on and while I condition I wash my body. By the time that's done, I rinse out the conditioner and I'm done!

I agree w/Chocolate01- if I had to jump in and out I would go batty!

Allandra

Since I only keep my moisturizing conditioners in for 3 to 5 minutes, I don't have to jump in / out of the shower for that. However, when I deep conditioner once a month (mild protein with heat), I have to get out of the shower for that, and then step back in (not too bad for once a month).

Here i am thinking i am the only one getting in and out.
I shampoo get out...dc for one hour under a hooded get in..if i do any treatment that's another in and out. I mostly start around 6 or 7 every saturday. And i use to be one of those people who thought if it was dirty it would make it grow.