Shower Styling

inthepink

I know most of you probably do this already anyway but just thought I'd call attention to it since I haven't seen it mentioned on the board lately.

Over the past month, I've started to style my hair completely in the shower. First, I started adding my leave-in in the shower. Then last week, I started adding my moisturizer in the shower. Today, I did those two and also added my curl enhancer in the shower! It was great!! When I got out of the shower, I was done and my bathroom sink and mirror was still clean! My hair was just fine! I would like to maybe add a mirror to my shower.

inthepink

I did a wash n' go today but usually I wear my hair up. When I wear my hair up, the only thing I have to add when I get out of the shower is HHB.

Mizani_Mrs

I tried it while i was honeymooning, last week. It didn't turn out too well. My hair is relaxed but not bone straight so i thought that the waves would freeze, but as it dried it frizzed up. I used a bit of keracare humecto, alot of Paul mitchell medium hold gel, and a lot of paul mitchell super skinny serum...

what am i doing wrong? what products did u use?

naturaline

hairlove said:
I did a wash n' go today but usually I wear my hair up. When I wear my hair up, the only thing I have to add when I get out of the shower is HHB.

just looked in your album...ohhh ur hairs luvly!!!:eek:
which leave-in do you use?
whats your staple?;)
tia
xx

Allandra

I've been styling my hair in the shower for years (because I mainly wear my hair in a bun or in a twist. It works out well for me. I love it. :)

inthepink

Mizani_Mrs said:
I tried it while i was honeymooning, last week. It didn't turn out too well. My hair is relaxed but not bone straight so i thought that the waves would freeze, but as it dried it frizzed up. I used a bit of keracare humecto, alot of Paul mitchell medium hold gel, and a lot of paul mitchell super skinny serum...

what am i doing wrong? what products did u use?

Mizani - I don't think you did anything "wrong" per se. However, when you shower style, you need to still style exactly the way you would outside of the shower. The only difference is that you're in the shower. So whatever you do outside of the shower to make your hair the way you want it, just try doing it while in the shower. What kind of style are you going for? I can try to help...

inthepink

naturaline said:
just looked in your album...ohhh ur hairs luvly!!!:eek:
which leave-in do you use?
whats your staple?;)
tia
xx

Hey thanks! Right now I am use Abba Nourishing as my leave-in. I like it but I like Aveda Elixir better. I have only used those two in the past year. They don't make my hair too soft like some leave-ins but they are also very moisturizing.

My staple product is HHB. (Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter) I've been using it since I first started transitioning.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
hairlove, I'm glad you have your album up and running again! As always, your hair is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! :love:

Anyway, I'm going to try this styling in the shower once I gain more hair length! Right now, my hair is 6 inches in length. ;)

winterinatl

All natural!
hairlove said:
I know most of you probably do this already anyway but just thought I'd call attention to it since I haven't seen it mentioned on the board lately.

Over the past month, I've started to style my hair completely in the shower. First, I started adding my leave-in in the shower. Then last week, I started adding my moisturizer in the shower. Today, I did those two and also added my curl enhancer in the shower! It was great!! When I got out of the shower, I was done and my bathroom sink and mirror was still clean! My hair was just fine! I would like to maybe add a mirror to my shower.

I do this same exact thing, with mirror and all. But for my wash and go's (curly ponytail).

I have taken to re-washing my back and chest afterwards; I think the products on my hair break me out.