SHOW YOUR NG PIX PLEASE

L.Brown1114

could you ladies do me a HUGE favor and post your NG pics please. i'm almost exactly 21 weeks post and i want to know how someone else's NG looks around that time. i'm using megatek and its almost gone and i need to know if it helped me or not. also put if your using any growth aids. i just need to know if im gonna waste 30 bucks! TIA!!!

Hi, OP! :wave:

I am 40 weeks post. Here's my NG (easier to see when my hair is wet):
picture.php

My pics are in my siggy. I don't use any growth aids. The relaxed ends are tucked away in the pics but I think you can get a good idea of the amount of NG.

Last edited:
16 weeks, no aids or vitamins...

IMG00307-20100202-1927.jpg

IMG00308-20100202-1928-1.jpg

eta: OKAY SO I DONT KNOW HOW TO RESIZE THESE THINGS :( SORRY!!!

eta: got it!!!! :lachen:

Last edited:
I'm loving this thread. It's very encouraging, I'm trying to stretch my relaxer for 12 wks... haaaa, good luck w/that.
How are you guys wearing your hair? My roots are sooo thick and some areas are coarse so the only thing that's working for me now is to brush it back in a ponytail using a scarf and some gel on my edges. However, that leaves me with the same hairstyle for the next 5 wks. I figure if I want to wear my hair out I will just go to the Dominicans and get my roots blown out.

884beb4bc01fb3eb1a23b1fbf86a0e1c.jpg

10 months post and 13 months post pic.
In the 10 month pic, I had just taken my hair down from a cowash ponytail that I had worn to work. It was dry.
In the 13 month pic, I had chopped my hair from APL to SL. Most of the back of my hair at that point was natural. This pic was during my blow drying stage. Half of the back was blow dried.

ETA: I am a slow grower, .4 inches per month average.

Last edited:
I'm loving this thread. It's very encouraging, I'm trying to stretch my relaxer for 12 wks... haaaa, good luck w/that.
How are you guys wearing your hair? My roots are sooo thick and some areas are coarse so the only thing that's working for me now is to brush it back in a ponytail using a scarf and some gel on my edges. However, that leaves me with the same hairstyle for the next 5 wks. I figure if I want to wear my hair out I will just go to the Dominicans and get my roots blown out.

thats what i would do if i had one anywhere near me!!

884beb4bc01fb3eb1a23b1fbf86a0e1c.jpg

10 months post and 13 months post pic.
In the 10 month pic, I had just taken my hair down from a cowash ponytail that I had worn to work. It was dry.
In the 13 month pic, I had chopped my hair from APL to SL. Most of the back of my hair at that point was natural. This pic was during my blow drying stage. Half of the back was blow dried.

ETA: I am a slow grower, .4 inches per month average.

i think i am too! it used to grow fast, when i used to stretch my relaxers i had way more growth, or maybe it just seemed like it??

Ohhh I like this thread!!! So mmany purdy pics of ng!!!

Heres mine!!
Pic 1- November 7
Pic 2- January 12
Pic 3- January 21- Just washed with a dab of conditioner about 36 weeks post

Attachments

• DSCN0159.jpg
    DSCN0159.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN0209.jpg
    DSCN0209.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0227.jpg
    DSCN0227.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 56
wow that's a lot of NG.NICE!!!! how do you ladies stretch soo long?
when I was relaxed, I could not even stretch for that long. Couldn't handle the two textures for long, so I am quite impressed!!!!:spinning:

Last edited:
wow that's a lot of NG.NICE!!!! how do you ladies stretch soo long?
when I was relaxed, I could not even stretch for that long. Couldn't handle the two textures!!!ohwell:

IMO, it's a matter of finding the right technique to detangle, using the right products (for detangling and conditioning especially) and the right styling (low manipulation, I would say).

Great pictures! Everyone's hair is so lovely. I love texture shots, the difference in relaxed vs the new growth always amazes me.

LB1114, I used to think that my hair grew .3 a month but then some months it was .5 so I just measured and it averaged .4 inches a month.
I tried ovation for a month some time last year but I didn't notice a difference honestly.
I am just cleaning up my diet and exercising now. Hopefully this will help counteract my PCOS which used to make my hair just fall out from touching it.

Back