SHOULD I trim my 4 year olds ends???

CurlsOnFire23

Am I supposed to trim her hair? Her ends are 4 years old and the thought of going that long w/out trimming my own hair scares me...I don't want to cut her hair if it's not necessary but I must know if I should..Her ends don\t feel "bad" but they dont feel "smooth"..if that makes any sense...:ohwell:

Marand13

If she has split ends I would. I rarely trim my daughters ends but if they dont feel or look good, I do. I treat her hair like I do my own. But since she wears braids a lot there is not a huge need for me to trim her hair more than about 2x a year.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
If she has split ends I would. I rarely trim my daughters ends but if they dont feel or look good, I do. I treat her hair like I do my own. But since she wears braids a lot there is not a huge need for me to trim her hair more than about 2x a year.

Ditto this with my boys. One of my son's has a frohawk, and I just trimmed his hair to even it out. He's got silky 4a curls, so the barber can't do it right with the clippers....I do it myself now with scissors. A very light trim should definitely be ok for a 4 year old.

cocosweet

Agreed. Dd's hair isn't "out" very much so her ends aren't taking as much abuse. I trim about every 6 mos. or so just to clean things up a bit.