Should I model my hair?

lovelymissyoli

<font color="purple">Would you like to be a hair care model? I was searching the Sebastian’s Hair Products &amp; Cosmetics website and came across an advertisement for “product testing models”. I believe I meet the qualifications for this program and I live about an hour and a half away from the center where it would be held at. I’m interested in applying. The only thing I’m worried about is someone cutting my hair, other then that, I’m down for whatever they want to do with my hair
. How does this sound to you? (read the info below) </font>

R&amp;D Test Models
SEBASTIAN INTERNATIONAL
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
PRODUCT TESTING PROGRAM

WHAT IT IS:

Take a break from your day-to-day routine and care for your hair with a free wash and style from a professional Sebastian hairstylist. The Research and Development team at Sebastian International uses volunteers to help develop Sebastian’s professional hair care products.

INCENTIVES:

Every fourth visit, models are untitled to receive one "salon service" of their choice out of the following options: haircut, deep conditioning treatment, Colourshines and partial highlights.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. All prospective models must be 16 years or older to participate in the program.

2. Models under the age of 18 must bring parental approval before participating.

3. All hair types are welcome.

4. Hair must be at least three inches long and not more than three inches below the shoulder to participate.

5. Chemically treated hair will be accepted with the exception of severely damaged hair.

HOW TO BE A MODEL:

1. All prospective models must attend a professional consultation before participating to evaluate the model's qualifications and educate the model on the program.

2. Consultations are available by appointment only and are held every Wednesday at Sebastian's Test Center in Woodland Hills, California.

3. Upon completion of the consultation, qualified models will be contacted by phone and scheduled for a testing appointment Monday-Friday. The duration of each appointment is approximately 30 to 45 minutes.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Please call the Sebastian Research &amp; Development Program at 1(818) 676-1500, extension 21.

Dolce_Dawn

Be extremely clear on what they are going to do to your hair and, likewise, that you do NOT want your hair cut. Other than that, I say go for it.

epicura

W e l l ...it appears to me that they will be testing products they are developing. What happens is the product has an adverse reaction with you? I'd say pass on being a guinea pig. I am sure if you do a bit of research, you can find events where you are an actual model, as in they style you hair using tested and currently sold products and want you to show of the results. In CA, there must be a ton of trade shows and classes held by individual companies. As said before, be upfront and clear about allowing them to cut your hair.
** Side story**
I was model at a clinic that Dudley's held and there was a stylist there, woo Lordy. She wanted to cut everyone's hair off. She had maybe about a half inch of hair on her head. I would have to tell her everytime not to even look at my head. Eventually, I let her cut it about 3 inches (it needed it anyway). Of course she wanted to hack it off more but that was more than enough of a shock to my system

ccd

hair modeling has always sounding risky to me...

first, who's styling the hair...I don't like "rough" hands in my head if you know what I mean or if they end up working under time limits they may rush the job. Also do they have experience with textured types of hair ?

second, I agree with epicura...make sure products aren't going to be tested in your hair and scissors...ahhhhh stay away from that

find out alittle more about what they plan on doing before you sign up...and beware they may not tell you what their plans are.

jainygirl

I say do it and ITA with DSD, dont let them even get a "snip" in. sounds like so much fun....and there is no catch??? i would be there in a heartbeat
-- jainygirl

lovelymissyoli

[ QUOTE ]
epicura said:
W e l l ...it appears to me that they will be testing products they are developing. What happens is the product has an adverse reaction with you? I'd say pass on being a guinea pig. I am sure if you do a bit of research, you can find events where you are an actual model, as in they style you hair using tested and currently sold products and want you to show of the results. In CA, there must be a ton of trade shows and classes held by individual companies. As said before, be upfront and clear about allowing them to cut your hair.
** Side story**
I was model at a clinic that Dudley's held and there was a stylist there, woo Lordy. She wanted to cut everyone's hair off. She had maybe about a half inch of hair on her head. I would have to tell her everytime not to even look at my head. Eventually, I let her cut it about 3 inches (it needed it anyway). Of course she wanted to hack it off more but that was more than enough of a shock to my system

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I was thinking about that: the whole "new product" testing. I'm going to give them a call to get some more information.

epicura

Girl, I'm sure somewhere within the info session/paperwork you'll find out that you'll have no legal recourse if something does go wrong!
I'm sure that it goes through a stringent amount of testing before they get to the stage where testing on humans is allowed, but still, I wouldn't want to take any chances!
SOrry to be a bubble burster, but if it were me, no way!
I'm telling you, do a search for classes and clinics held by all the companies and call and ask how you'd go about being a demo model. At least you'll only have to worry about SHS or having your hair dyed a freakish color, lol!