Should I go ahead and relax now?

Dionne

I still have some underprocessed parts and today when I washed it and wrapped it my well relaxed parts dried smooth but because alot of it is underprocessed it poofed up and looked a mess. I have to burn it into submission once again with a flat iron. My hair texture is naturally very tight so my hair is kinda hard to handle. I am wondering if I should go ahead and relax it to even up all of the textures and get my ends trimmed because they are in bad shape too. It has been about 4 1/2 weeks since my last relaxer and I have about a 1/2 inch of newgrowth. If you add the underprocessed parts of my hair though It looks like I have three inches of newgrowth in most part of my head. What do you all think?

pebbles

Hi Dionne,

Was your last relaxer a lye or no-lye? How often do you usually relax your hair? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

Hi Dionne,

Did you do it yourself? Or did someone else do it for you?
If you can wait your normal time, please try to wait. I would also recommend that you get it re-relaxed professionally or with the help of someone who knows how to do a corrective relaxer. That way you can avoid doing too much damage to your hair. I hate the idea of relaxing the hair so often. It tends to thin out the hair. Hope that helped. Keep me posted. /images/graemlins/smile.gif