Ladies I Need Your Advice

Lorraine S

Hi Ladies, Well this is the problem: I just relaxed my hair myself with Vitale Life and Body relaxer. My hair came out so soft and silky, however there are parts in the back thats underprocessed. I really hate when there are straight sections and texturize sections. Here's my question, should i just do a quickie relaxer for the underprocessed parts now, or should I just wait until my next retouch which is like in 2-3 months. Any advice is really appreciated..... Thanks Lorraines

CinnaMocha

Wow,

You are caught between a rock and a hard place. That's too bad. IMO I would wait b/c you don't want to end up over processing (but from the sound of it you seem to have thick hair). However, you know your hair better than anyone else (so you know what your hair can and can't handle).

SweetCaramel1

hi! i'm pretty new but i personally would WAIT before i put the relaxer on my hair again!

i wouldn't want to chance breakage/overprocessing ;)

Healthb4Length

You should wait because you don't want to overprocess, which can=dryness. You should wear straight styles or braidouts/twistouts so that you can camaflauge both textures.

jasmin

It happened to me with the same relaxer so I just waited it out til it was time for a touch up.

Lorraine S

Thanks Ladies,

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I'll just wait till my next retouch. It was my first time self relaxing my hair since 2003. I guess im really rusty. I think I'll get my retouch done at a salon though next time. :confused: Its just too much trouble doing it myself.

Lorraine

CinnaMocha

Lorraine S said:
Thanks Ladies,

It was my first time self relaxing my hair since 2003. I guess im really rusty. I think I'll get my retouch done at a salon though next time. :confused: Its just too much trouble doing it myself.

Lorraine

I am sure it's like riding a bike, you just have to get the hang of it again that's all. You'll see when the time comes up again.

So sorry things did not turn out the way you would have liked.

Synthia

LorraineS said
Thanks Ladies,

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I'll just wait till my next retouch. It was my first time self relaxing my hair since 2003. I guess im really rusty. I think I'll get my retouch done at a salon though next time. :confused: Its just too much trouble doing it myself.

Lorraine

Good! I don't believe in corrective relaxers at home.

That's just damage waiting to happen.

*Happily Me*

I agree with the previous posters. You should wait.

My hair is underprocessed to but I happen to like it this way. I can easily straighten with my maxiglide (Which is new! Yay me! )

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I tried to call myself switching to a No-lye relaxer (Organics by Africa's Best) my last touch-up and it didn't process none of my 16wks worth of NG and I refuse to go another 16wks just to do a corrective relaxer. The next morning I based my scalp and applied the Lye relaxer I had been using all along to do a corrector relaxer, and I didn't have no problems w/my hair from doing so. But if you only have a small section in the back it shouldn't be a bad wait until your next touch-up. The next time make smaller sections in the areas you can't see (or use a mirror to help you see the back) to make sure you have coated the NG really well.
You should be happy though because at least it's only a section in the back and not your entire head.