Should continue to deep condition my hair???

Lissa0821

Need some insight from my fine haired ladies. Every week I cowash my hair on Tuesdays with Suave Milk and Honey conditioner with EVOO and Thursdays with White Rain Coconut with honey and olive oil. On Saturdays I prepoo with Suave Milk an Honey, wash with Kercar Detangling shampoo or Patene Relaxed hair shampoo followed by one of the following deep conditioner (LeKair, Motions CPR, Ion reconstructor or ORS Replenishing Pak). My hair is growing and I am now 6 weeks of new growth since my last relaxer. Here's my issue, my hair looks and feels thicker after a cowash and it appears thinner and feels very light after I deep condition on Saturday. This week I put the deep conditioner in first followed by shampoo and it actually looks thicker but if still feels very light. Should I give deep conditioning all together????

ravenmerlita

The same thing happens to my hair but I keep deep conditioning anyway. My hair is fine and fragile and naturally dry. Deep conditioning strengthens it and keeps it better moisturized. I deep condition after almost every wash. I don't like the "light" feeling to my hair, but I love not having dry and split ends anymore.

I make sure to rinse the deep conditioner out very well. Every once in a while, I'll shampoo lightly after I deep condition particularly if I want more style/fullness later. I also use mousse to give my hair more "weight" and some volume.

Lissa0821

Re: Should I continue to deep condition my hair???

You make a very good point, I will take a little longer to rinse out the deep conditioner, that could be what makes my hair feel so light.

AmyInAtl

i deep con alot too, but and it seemed my hair was loosing strength, now i do a weekly light aphogee protein tx........and my fine hair is allllot stronger:yep: