Short, Wiry, Rough-Feeling Strands (PIC included)

Adaj

Hey! I think I am at a point where I'm not caring too much about my hair anymore. I've been natural for 8 months now, and I've spent TOO much money on products!!! Anyway, my hair seems to be growing, but I've noticed on my left side towards the back, that I have short strands compared to the rest of my hair. These strands look and feel so different, and it makes me wonder is it damage? I purposely pull them out (I know I shouldnt) to inspect them and feel them. They feel wiry and hard.

In the pic, the shorter strand seems to have a split end that was forming :perplexed...what do you ladies think? Help.

Vashti

It may very well be that you have two different textures on your head. Sometimes hair just grows out like that naturally and doesn't always have anything to do with damage. A lot of people have this. Softer in the front and coarser in the back. That's not unusual. As far as the strands, I can't tell if there's a split end.

SimplyBlessed

Hard?

Do u use a lot of protein?

Lack of moisture?

How often, do u moisturize?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Adaj

Hard?

Do u use a lot of protein?

Lack of moisture?

How often, do u moisturize?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

No, I don't use a lot of protein. I shampoo and DC every 2 weeks, and I oil my scalp and hair with olive oil. I haven't found the right shampoo or DC combination. I've been using Kenra Moisturizing Poo, and I think that I love AOHSR for my DCs.

It's just that left side, and it's a good patch of hairs that have that texture. I don't like the feeling of them.:nono:

Your Cheeziness

The wiry, coarse section of my hair is in the same place as yours. I have to be extra careful when manipulating and I section smaller to make sure I can apply product evenly.

Adaj

The wiry, coarse section of my hair is in the same place as yours. I have to be extra careful when manipulating and I section smaller to make sure I can apply product evenly.

I thought I was doing something wrong, but it makes me feel a little better that others have this also. I think I need to apply more moisturizing products to that section.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm battling the same thing. I am in need of more moisture on the wiry textured part of my hair. Fortunately, Oyin's Burnt Sugar pomade along with Komaza's curl milk is helping me retain length and moisture.:yep: