She said I cant wash my braids.

angelk316

I had tree braids done at the salon on sunday and now my scalp is itching like crazy. I think its because of that pink oil crap she put on my scalp. I don't want to wash it because I am affraid I am going to mess the style up, it looks so good.
Anybody have any suggestions to stop the itching without messing up the style.

SNyeema

Some folks put a little sea breeze on a cotton ball and swab their scalp. That may work. Sorry I couldn't offer any more advice. That's the reason why I always get single braids braided to the end so that I can wash my hair/scalp.

RootPunch

I'm not sure what tree braids are (I know, please excuse my ignorance), but can you try putting a stocking over your hair -- to keep the style in place -- and maybe rinse your hair. This is a method I read -- I think it was Den1, who said it protects/ holds a braided style when you wash.
HTH

ThickHair

I say if you want to wash your hair wash it. Do you want to have a cute hairstyle and feel crappy or do you just want your hair to stop itching. Stop scraficing (sp) yourself for a hairstyle.

KiniKakes

Perhaps you can put some water and a few drops of oil in a spray bottle, and lightly spritz your scalp at the parts. The cool mist will be soothing on your scalp.

However, after a few days, I think it would be safe to wash it. Just be very gentle. :)