"She needs a perm her hair is falling out"

jazzyto

So I am transitioning my daughter from relaxed to natural with braids. She has not had a relaxer in a year and a half. My sister in law who has braided her hair the last couple times keeps telling my daughter and hubby to tell me that "she needs a perm her hair is falling out" Well what she is referring to is shrinkage. :lol: Trying to explain this to a non LHCF person they just dont get it. Her hair looks shorter when its not pressed out. Besides a relaxer is the last thing she would need if her hair was falling out. :nono: Just needed to whooooosi with some folks who would understand!

CurlsBazillion

growinghealthyhair
I am guilty of this...smh looking back, it sounds so stupid and makes NO sense.

Sent from my Droid using Droid

Don't feel bad...you were definitely not the only one. We used to see breakage as a sign for a touch up when really we probably needed to dc and m&s. All we can do now is pass along the basic knowledge we've gained here on LHCF to willing friends and family.

Lady S

So I am transitioning my daughter from relaxed to natural with braids. She has not had a relaxer in a year and a half. My sister in law who has braided her hair the last couple times keeps telling my daughter and hubby to tell me that "she needs a perm her hair is falling out" Well what she is referring to is shrinkage. :lol: Trying to explain this to a non LHCF person they just dont get it. Her hair looks shorter when its not pressed out. Besides a relaxer is the last thing she would need if her hair was falling out. :nono: Just needed to whooooosi with some folks who would understand!
:lol:

LMAO, why isn't the concept of curly hair and shrinkage common sense?
Agreed. When you curl relaxed hair it looks shorter, so I don't get the confusion either.