My hair is falling out like crazy!

lovely_locks

I have not gotten a relaxer for about 3 months now, I am trying to long transition, but with the way my hair is falling out I am not sure if I should. I bun my hair mostly, and do not use heat. If I even run my fingers through my hair it falls out, even more falls out on wash days.
My regime is simple.I use infusium 23 on wash days (co wash twice a week)
I seal the infusium 23 with olive oil, or tea tree oil.
I was with shampoo once a month, sometimes twice.
Why do you suppose my hair is falling out in clumps?
How can I tell if my hair is falling out at the point where my relaxed hair meets my natural hair.
Also, my hair is falling from the root, and breakage in the middle of my hair.

BlackHairDiva

I have not gotten a relaxer for about 3 months now, I am trying to long transition, but with the way my hair is falling out I am not sure if I should. I bun my hair mostly, and do not use heat. If I even run my fingers through my hair it falls out, even more falls out on wash days.
My regime is simple.I use infusium 23 on wash days (co wash twice a week)
I seal the infusium 23 with olive oil, or tea tree oil.
I was with shampoo once a month, sometimes twice.
Why do you suppose my hair is falling out in clumps?
How can I tell if my hair is falling out at the point where my relaxed hair meets my natural hair.
Also, my hair is falling from the root, and breakage in the middle of my hair.

J Sorry just realized you mention its the natural part and relaxed part.. Have you tried argan oil? what about wen conditioner?? you might want to re-check what your using...are you using products with mostly protein and not balancing with a products that are protein free?

Last edited:

sb44

lovely_locks.

Infusium23 has A LOT of protein!! If you are using it every time you wash, twice a week, you probably have protein overload! You might want to try cutting back on the Infusium (or better yet, stop using it for a while) and balancing your haircare regimen out with a good moisturizing conditioner. Aveda Dry Remedy and Paul Mitchell Awaphi are my favorites. To stop the breakage try Mizani H2O or Mizani Rose. Both are great overnight leave-ins that will help stop the breakage. Good luck!!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
^I agree about the protein overload.

It's time for moisture, moisture, moisture - especially if you are stretching your time between relaxers! Your scalp sheds about 100 strands a day, so be mindful that you may also be experiencing 'normal' shedding. Other than your product usage, are you stressed? Eating well? Generally healthy?

abcd09

@lovely_locks.

Infusium23 has A LOT of protein!! If you are using it every time you wash, twice a week, you probably have protein overload! You might want to try cutting back on the Infusium (or better yet, stop using it for a while) and balancing your haircare regimen out with a good moisturizing conditioner. Aveda Dry Remedy and Paul Mitchell Awaphi are my favorites. To stop the breakage try Mizani H2O or Mizani Rose. Both are great overnight leave-ins that will help stop the breakage. Good luck!!
Infusium did not moisturize my hair when I used it a long time ago. Also, olive oil does nothing for my hair but just sit on it. Try using argan or vatika oil. Do the prepoo with aloe vera juice, an oil, coconut oil, rinse, DC, then apply some oil.

Also, are you wet bunning? Wet bunning makes my hair snap a lot too. I first rollerset, blow dry on cool, let it dry some more overnight, then take it down and bun.