Sewn in weave wearers HELP

foxybronx

[ QUOTE ]
cece22 said:
One more tip I saw on another forum that I am going to incorporate into my weave regimen. To stay away from the beauty supply store thread it is cotton and will can your hair I am speaking from experience my hair has been literally cut in some places. I am not sure if keeping my braids mousturized everyday would have prevented this. Now I spray every day with braid spray and leave in. I have invested in some Nylon coated upholestry thread off ebay I didn't get it yet but as soon as it comes I will be taking my current sew in out and re-sewing after a 2-week resting period.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Thanks for reminding me!! When I had a sewn-in done a long time ago, I remember when she pulled the string to tighten it I heard a cutting sound like if the thread was cutting threw some strands of my hair. That could be one reason for my breakage after I took out the weave. I wonder if there is silk thread?

G

GinaG

Foxy - Good luck with your sew in! Have you bought your hair yet? I'm also not keen on the beehive method as you end up with a lump on the top of your head. Well I did when I went to the salon about 2 years ago. It was really awful you could tell I had a weave. The Silk thread is a good idea...I'll look into that.

Yvette - Your better off paying the extra for good quality human hair (virgin) and eventually try and do it yourself. Well that's what I'm going to do. I'm wearing a weave at the mo (NatureGirl) for about 3 months now and will be taking it out next week for a breather. I plan on doing the weave myself and may get a friend to cane row my hair vertically so that it lies flatter and I won't add hair as my own hair is unprocessed (apart from the front) and VERY thick. If I start doing it myself I don't have to dish out £95 to get it done plus I can take it out after 6 weeks deep condition it and treat it again rather than having to wait a few months. I'm a little apprehensive about doing it but I'm determined. I have been watching my stylist and asking questions everytime I get my hair done. So I think I'll be okay. /images/graemlins/look.gif

TigerLily

[ QUOTE ]
cece22 said:
One more tip I saw on another forum that I am going to incorporate into my weave regimen. To stay away from the beauty supply store thread it is cotton and will can your hair I am speaking from experience my hair has been literally cut in some places. I am not sure if keeping my braids mousturized everyday would have prevented this. Now I spray every day with braid spray and leave in. I have invested in some Nylon coated upholestry thread off ebay I didn't get it yet but as soon as it comes I will be taking my current sew in out and re-sewing after a 2-week resting period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I got some upholstery thread. So far, so good!

I won't have to buy any for awhile! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah Yvette, invest in some good hair. You won't have to buy anymore for about a year. I got some Nature Girl in my drawer right now. Bliss is good too...

cutebajangirl

TL- Where did you get nylon thread from? I'm trying to stay away from ebay,lol.

I use a net on top of the cornrows as an added protection for my hair. Then I get the hair sewn onto the net.

I can't get down with the NG (too broke for that) but Indianhairs hand tied straight is more than good enough for me with some Bohyme on top for blending.

DangerouslyShy

I never heard of the nylon thread ....the thread I get from the BSS never broke my hair off...but i will get some of this thread and try it out too....

cutebajangirl

TL- So the thread on the page you linked to wasn't to thick? I was looking at some earlier and I couldn't tell how thick the thread was gonna be. Thanks for the site.

Height

You can buy the same BBS thread at Walmart or any fabric store for cheap. It's the same thing.