Sew in help

Jusxdarling

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie and I have basically no idea where to start :perplexed yay me. I'm thinking of getting a sew in put in and I was wondering what was the best way to have it put in and what do you think the best type of hair is? Also how do you care for your hair between the tracks? TIA ladies.

remnant

Welcome on LHCF:yep:
can you described your hair, your products, have you a hair goal, what is/are your hair issues?

Jusxdarling

Thanks! My hair is probably 4a and it's a little longer than chin length. I just want it to be healthier and thicker all around and to obviously grow more. I'm in college so I never really know what to do with it and I don't really know how to take care of it without taking all day. When I'm at home and I do my hair I generally just use whatever my mom or sister has around the house which right now is garnier fructics and kera care. TIA.

glamazon386

Buy human hair. Go to the store and look at a few brands and find one that looks close to your hair. I think that's the most important thing so that it will blend nicely with your hair. If you get it sewn in, none of your hair should be left out between the tracks. But as far as washing goes, I always washed my weave the same way I wash my own hair. Same products. Same techniques. Do you have a stylist in mind? I would suggest you start there.

brownsugarbaby

welcome!!!
i agree with bmoreflyygirl. im in college too so i know how you feel. im a newbie as well. i just took out my first sew in a couple of days ago. i had it in for about 4 wks. the corn rows underneath were vertical rather than horizontal and there were only about 6 or 7 of them. i shampooed, conditioned and deep conditioned my hair as normal. i used boundless tresses to oil my scalp almost everyday and used a creamy leave in or carools daughter hhb on the hair of the cornrow. the front of my hair was left out. i wanted my hair to be able to blend. it was kind difficult to maintain the two textures because i wanted to avoid heat. but would rollerset and blowout my roots.

you should do a search for sew ins. rabiaelaine, i think, has alot of good advice.

hope this helps good luck. hhg