Set backs galore... But I'M BACK LHCF :)

FAMUDva

Thanks again ladies! I've been gone so long, I was looking for the "like" button on posts. LOL! Forgot it's the Thanks button here :)

Rattler in da house!!:happydance:

Welcome back:)

Sssssssssssssssssssssss

Welcome back!! Can you update us on your regimen/products? I'm wondering what you used in your hair to do your puff lol? Your hair looks healthy!!!

HEY! My regi is fairly simple these days. I co-wash or shampoo ever 7-10 days depending on what my hair feels like. If I shampoo (with shampoo) it's usually once or twice a month. I have been wearing twists this summer so I've been trying not to touch my hair much in hopes of not having so many single strand knots. I also DC every week with Aveda or something really creamy and sit under my steamer for 20-30 minutes. I do a protein DC when my hair feels like it needs it but that's not too often. I seal my hair with coconut oil, shea butter, or almond oil. I'm not very sophisticated with my oils or products :nono:

The puff I have sitting in the restaurant I used EcoStyler gel throughout the puff and on edges. In the one outside I just co-washed with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and left a little in and added some Garnier Fructis leave in & coconut oil and ecostyler on my edges only.

Last edited:

sapphire74

Welcome back Rattler!:hiya: You've been missed! Loved all the your pics, you have been doing a great job of DIY! Keep it up!

deltagyrl

Hey girlie!

I just came back today! It must be divine intervention! I love, love, love your hair. And you looks so purty sahrah!

chicha

FAMUDva You and your hair are very pretty! Sounds like you are doing a great job at the DIY styles, LOVE the hair.

One thing that has helped me is, gaining friends who are both on the board and that live near me. They help in knowing where to go here in the city, for hair products, for good salons, giving me real life thumbs ups and downs on what looks good on me, and just increased support all around.

Have you thought about partnering with someone in your town who may also be a poster here? It has helped me alot. :yep:

Twist out

FAMUDva

FAMUDva You and your hair are very pretty! Sounds like you are doing a great job at the DIY styles, LOVE the hair.

One thing that has helped me is, gaining friends who are both on the board and that live near me. They help in knowing where to go here in the city, for hair products, for good salons, giving me real life thumbs ups and downs on what looks good on me, and just increased support all around.

Have you thought about partnering with someone in your town who may also be a poster here? It has helped me alot. :yep:

I do know some people on the forum IRL. Most have different approaches to their natural journey (ie. sew ins, press & curl, etc) but we do keep in touch to maintain hair talk. That's what I was doing while I was away from you guys. LOL! I also have way more friends that are now into natural hair and have either transitioned or are in the process of transitioning so I'm now getting all kind of product reviews. Problem with that is most of that stuff doesn't work on everyone's head and you don't know that until you've already gotten it :(

Thanks for the suggestions and the compliments :).