Set backs galore... But I'M BACK LHCF :)

FAMUDva

Hey ladies! I'm back to being a paid subscriber to LHCF :) I needed that long break. LOL!

At any rate, I'm still natural BUT had been straightening in the fall and loved it except NOW I have some minor heat damage in certain areas. I've been wearing my natural hair braids and 2-strand twists this summer to get me through. I'm trying to become more confident in my DIY hair styling so I'm back her to get tips on going for length again. Those that remember me may remember that I had APL before I decided to transition. Now I'm just about APL again when stretched BUT my hair should be longer. With a series of stylist who CUT instead of TRIM I've been the same length for over a year :(

I'll try to add some recent pics of hairstyles I've been doing lately.

FAMUDva

Thanks yall! I thought LHCF had progressed to let me upload pics directly from my computer... NOT! I'm going to get URLs for some of them now. I haven't kept up my fotki.

FAMUDva

Twist out

Last edited:

FAMUDva

ok... some more. LOL!

Here's my very first twist that I did myself and actually wore outside the house. LOL!

FAMUDva

Ok... whew... here's some straight hair pics... I <3 my hair straight, but the after effects mean I'll be a curly girl 97% of the time instead of 50% like I was doing.

Big curls (shirt says I <3 FAMU :grin:)

Last length check... October 2010

Imani

Welcome back, fellow rattler. Are you still going to TG? Didn't Danny, your stylist leave (along with all the other good ones)?

I was going to TG weekly back when I was transitioning but decided that my hair was getting dried out and limp with all that heat. So I stopped in Oct 2010 and only straighten my hair about once every 4 mos now.

FAMUDva

Thanks for all the compliments ladies. It's great to be back! I don't plan to straighten or length check again until New Years 2012, so pray for me. LOL!

WELCOME BACK...You were one of my WW inspirations too.
And your twist outs are really nice :up:
Aww, that's so sweet... I never knew that :) Thanks!

Welcome back, fellow rattler. Are you still going to TG? Didn't Danny, your stylist leave (along with all the other good ones)?

I was going to TG weekly back when I was transitioning but decided that my hair was getting dried out and limp with all that heat. So I stopped in Oct 2010 and only straighten my hair about once every 4 mos now.

I was still going to Danny and will go back to him in the future when I wanna wear it straight. He moved to Salon Penna, which is not too far from TG. But like you I'm not gonna be pressing too much now. I plan to be a curly girl 97% of the time and may only press 2-4 times a year. Right now I'm focusing on DIY and length. Before I was focused on transitioning and now that I'm done with that phase, I want to retain length and grow out these pesky random spots of heat damage.

jamaicalovely

Welcome back girlie! I love your twist outs and puffs :) You're my inspiration. You will reach your goals sooner than you know it. Can't wait to see updates throughout your journey.

kim

Welcome back!! Can you update us on your regimen/products? I'm wondering what you used in your hair to do your puff lol? Your hair looks healthy!!!