Sera252 Said She Would Interview!!!

mscocoface

I left a message on her yt telling her we were looking at doing a challenge and would she mind doing a interview. She said she would not mind and wanted to know the haircare site.

I am sending her that information.

Question to all of you.

What questions would you like answers to regarding her hair and her regimen that may not have been answered via her yt and fotki already?

I will see if I can put this together.

Here are the interviews with all the questions you ladies had as of the date she posted.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYminorry4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-KF1FaGgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF3hfriR9dk

Last edited:

RadiantBeauty

Can you ask her how frequently does she cowash? Does she take any supplements (i.e. multivitamins, etc.) that would contribute to her growth and the overall health of her hair? What kind(s) if she does?

loolalooh

Oooh, oooh ... Hmm:

1. What is her ultimate hair goal? What will she do with her hair after she reaches that goal?

2. Does she see herself ever locking?

3. Does she mix her shea butter with anything or does she use it straight?

I'll be back with more.

laurend

I haven't seen her videos, so she could have answered the question. Does she trim and how often does she straighten?

mscocoface

I know you all have more to ask so I will keep this up for the next few days.

I will compile all the questions and get them to her and then post them on the board.

loulou82

Oh!

1. How long does she keep her braids or twists in?
2. Does she take any vitamin supplements?
3. How often does she moisturize her hair (daily, every other day)?
4. Does she use a clarifying shampoo or a protein conditioner?
5. Does you use a hood dryer to deep condition?
6. At what length could she start doing her signature buns and updos?
7. Does she get SSKs and if so how does she minimize or prevent them?

2inspireU

The main reason I texlaxed was because I could not deal with the knotting and tangling of my natural hair. I love the manageability of texlaxed hair, but I miss the fullness and thickness of my natural hair. Therefore, I might transition again so...

I would like to know how does she keep her hair from knotting, matting and sticking together?

What does she use to keep her hair moisturized all day?

Stella B.

Yea!!! I'm so glad she agreed to interview! There's nothing like learning from the pros!!

Questions for Sera252:

What's in her daily moisturizing spray? How often does she use it?
What percentage of time does she wear her hair in protective styles, or braids?
How does she use castor oil? On the scalp or hair?
How often do you DC? What do you use to DC?
When was the last time she made a purchase from the BSS? Does she use any off the shelf products in her hair care regimen?
What would be the most helpful advice she could give us on retaining length?

*Thanks for inspiring us with your beautiful head of natural, long hair!!!!!!

Last edited:

msa

My own personal problem with this hair thing is that I have no proof that my hair will ever be longer than SL. So, I would like to know what kept her going when she was frustrated or felt discouraged?

Thanks Sera for answering and thanks mscocoface for doing this!

Vonnieluvs08

I'm still a newbie to all this but who is sera252? what is her yt channel? From reading the post here I understand she has long natural hair and she sounds like a good person to get additional information from. TIA

mariofmagdal

I left a message on her yt telling her we were looking at doing a challenge and would she mind doing a interview. She said she would not mind and wanted to know the haircare site.

I am sending her that information.

Question to all of you.

What questions would you like answers to regarding her hair and her regimen that may not have been answered via her yt and fotki already?

I will see if I can put this together.

Really nice of you to do this. Great Thread. Can't wait till you get it done. Thanks.

anon123

I'd like to know:

When she washes her hair in braids, I notice that the first few inches of the roots don't make it into the braid. She says she lets the hair dry in the braids and detangles dry a day or two later. When I tried, my roots knotted sooo terribly, it was a nightmare. How does she keep the roots from shrinking into the tightest tight-fisted naps and making terrible tangles with this method?

Where does she get her hair toys?

What's her goal length?

spritex

I'd like to ask:
1.Did she go through a "hump period" when she could not get past a certain hair length? if so, how did she identify the cause and move past it?
2. Has she ever had problems with breakage or shedding? If so, how did she overcome these?
Thanks Mscocoface. This lady has amazing hair anyone would aspire to.
I'd like to ask you - when she does the interview where will it be posted? I want to be sure I do not miss it.

mscocoface

I am going to post the answers here for all of us to see, unless she does a youtube then I will be sure to post that.

Whatever is comfortable for her I will be sure you ladies have easy access to it.

Last edited:

tallnomad

Thank you Mscocoface for facilitating this!

I would like to ask her:

What styles are the best for retaining length?

How long would she keep her hair twisted or braided before re-doing?

How did she wash her hair in braids/twists--focusing on the scalp only, did she wear a net?

What style or tools does she use when going to sleep?

Thank you!

loolalooh

Oh .. here are more

1) Does she exercise? If so, how often?
2) What does she eat for her hair (if anything)?

anon123

In case you haven't seen, Sera has uploaded new videos to youtube. Addresses some of the questions asked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQhp63PjjpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noQwJPonShw&feature=channel_page

Every time she tells how long it takes to detangle her hair, I don't feel so alone. I got really frustrated last week when, after wearing my hair in protective styles for a week, it still was going to take me 4 hours to undo each twist, detangle, and retwist. But she takes much longer than even me. I just don't have the patience, though.

mscocoface

She has all the questions now so I am sure we should be hearing more from her. I wish this could be a sticky for natural to come back and review maybe in the challenge section. I will check with the mods.

ladytea

I'd like to know:

When she washes her hair in braids, I notice that the first few inches of the roots don't make it into the braid. She says she lets the hair dry in the braids and detangles dry a day or two later. When I tried, my roots knotted sooo terribly, it was a nightmare. How does she keep the roots from shrinking into the tightest tight-fisted naps and making terrible tangles with this method?

Where does she get her hair toys?

What's her goal length?

Amen to the bolded above Mwedzi! I don't wait until it's dry to braid, but the roots dry first. OMG the root tangles are from Freddie Kruger! Thanks for asking. You took the words right out of my mouth. :lachen:

naturalmanenyc

Her hair is amazing!!!

I complained when it took me an hour to detangle but when she said 6 - 8 hours I was like :nono:. I just would not be able to set aside that much time for my hair every week or even every 2 weeks. Then add on the styling time.:perplexed

Every time she tells how long it takes to detangle her hair, I don't feel so alone. I got really frustrated last week when, after wearing my hair in protective styles for a week, it still was going to take me 4 hours to undo each twist, detangle, and retwist. But she takes much longer than even me. I just don't have the patience, though.