September 18, 19, 20......What are you doing to your hair???

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Tomorrow I'm gonna DC with ORS Hair Mayo (new formula) mixed with a spoonful of Avocado oil. Detangle with my Garnier Fructis leave-in. I'm gonna try to dry my hair using the Scarf Method(?). Ima wrap a scarf around the front of my head so it will lie flat and leave the back out. just to see how it will turn out.

Then for the rest of the weekend I will have my usual PS of 6 braids under my half wig.

Urban

Friday:

pre-poo with olive oil
shampoo with Wella Balsam shampoo for dry/damaged hair
Egg + olive oil treatment

I've had natural braids for the past two weeks, hopefully I won't have to redo them till next week.. I really can't be bothered.

tocktick

Converting these Senegalese twists to braids using different hair. The extentions I bought for the twists have not held up well at all. I got these done last week but they already look 4 months old.

mzsophisticated26

Well since I did not do anything I planned last week but wash and DC. I will definitely try to rollerset/silk wrap this weekend. I found me some Lacio Lacio so I want to see how it works as a lightweight leave in. Also I just brought a packet of silk elements luxury cond that I want to DC with.

CaramelPrincezz

I did the two-step Aphogee protein treatment this morning. And DC'd with Lustrasilk Shea Butter+Mango mixed with honey and EVOO. Bunning now. I'll probably be doing that for the rest of the weekend. May do a flexirod set on Sunday

ellehair

I don't know what I'm doing BUT I can tell you what I wish I was doing!! RELAXING..

I may just end my 17 week stretch early.. I'm at 15 today and I don't think i can take it anymore.. Its so hard to walk around looking a HAM... So not my steelo, lol

These wigs, headbands and everything else are getting on my last nerve..

okay, i'm done venting..

Day Dreamer

I really need to wash my hair this weekend. Will be doing aphogee two-step and definitely a roller set. May deep condition some where in this process.

This will be my first time using the aphogee on my own. Wish me luck!

panamoni

I don't know what I'm doing BUT I can tell you what I wish I was doing!! RELAXING..

I may just end my 17 week stretch early.. I'm at 15 today and I don't think i can take it anymore.. Its so hard to walk around looking a HAM... So not my steelo, lol

okay, i'm done venting..
I feel you...maybe try a new leave-in? I tried Redken Butter Treat for the first time this week, and it was AMAZING with my new growth at 21 weeks post.

panamoni

Hmmm, I'll be doing the usual:
Tonight:
Pre-poo overnight with EVOO

Tomorrow (I'll be 22 weeks post!!):
1. Shampoo w/ Infusium 23 or Avlon Organics Clarifying
2. DC with Alter Ego Garlic Condish
3. ACV Rinse
4. Alter Ego Cren drops
5. Redken Butter Treat Leave-in (AMAZING! Thanks Butterfly08)
6. EVCO, JBCO
7. Bun

TonicaG

TonicaG
Friday Night - 9/18

* Pre-Shampoo w/ Baba de Caracol mixed w/ Amla/Coconut Oil overnight

Saturday Morning/Afternoon - 9/19

* Wash w/ Creme' of Nature Shampoo
* Nexxus Emergencee under the dryer
* Deep Condition steam treatment
* Apply Lacio Lacio and braid for a braid out for a few days
* Mango Butter/Carrot Oil on the ends to seal in the moisture

ellehair

I feel you...maybe try a new leave-in? I tried Redken Butter Treat for the first time this week, and it was AMAZING with my new growth at 21 weeks post.

Thanks Pana!
I actually dont mess with my NG during the week since about 12 weeks post:nono::nono:. I have my hair cornrowed under my wig, so its not hard to manage..my cantu shea melts the NG something wonderfully...but i'm just getting so tired of the look:perplexed:perplexed.. I need to go over to the stretchers support thread and get some support to get me thru these last 2 weeks..:wallbash::wallbash:

I think, Im too antsy to see my progress as well, thats a big part of it.

-PYT

Treating my hair to some hairveda products!

Ooh yum! I can't wait to try Hairveda products.

Tonight I washed with Elasta QP Creme Moisturizing Shampoo (thanks to a thread about moisturizing poo's), applied Lustrasilk Shea + Mango Cholesterol like a relaxer and am steaming under my Gold'n'Hot Bonnet Dryer via Lucky's Mom at-home steaming technique!

Then! will moisturize with a good leave-in i got around here, seal with shea butter whipped with palm kernel oil and rollerset with small magnetic rollers :yep: hope it lasts the week! :pray:

Lita

Well.Sunday or Monday.Komaza Protein Treatment.

1.wash hair with herbal black soap shampoo by healingherbsbyrene

2.Use protein treatment by komaza

3.wash out

4.coconut hair butter by njoicreations mixed with herbal conditioner by healingherbsbyrene
dc for 45 min with heat or overnight.

5.wash out

6.use leave-in by kbb or komaza but use herbal tea spritz on scalp by njoicreations

7.twist & braid,let air dry (seal ends)

Next day oil scalp.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

msa

Tonight I plan to condition (AOHSR and AOGPB), detangle, and put my hair in two french braids and leave it for the next week if possible.

:lachen: That didn't happen. I don't know why I always make plans that I know I won't follow through with.

I cowashed and bunned this morning (I was in a rush). Right now I'm sitting with some AO Blue Green Algae Mask under a plastic cap. I might rinse it out tonight, or I'll wait til the morning after I work out. Then I'll do a quick condition with another AO conditioner and french braid my hair.

Chromia

Here's what I did tonight:
  • pre-poo with Tresemme Anti-Breakage conditioner
  • clarified/chelated with Mizani Phormula 7
  • shampoo with Redken Real Control shampoo
  • DC with Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment - wow this stuff is great at detangling and softening my hair
  • applied Abba leave-in
  • did flat twists, will air dry overnight

Coffee

I am relaxing tomorrow....after my first 10 week stretch :yep:. I'm going to try Alterna reconstructor and Diamond condish. I got good growth from my stretch, don't asked how much I'm not good at measuring or guessing. I just know it grew more.

Last edited:

LightEyedMami

I moisterized and sealed my hair today and then detangled than did some two-strand twists and i plan to keep these in for about 2 weeks or so. :)

deusa80

I'm finally going to texlax my hair myself tomorrow...i'm nervous:ohwell:

I haven't relaxed my hair myself in months, about the time I joined lhcf I stopped. I went to the salon a few times and got it done and the last time I got it texlaxed for the first time.
I think the way I was relaxing my hair when I did it myself was part of the reason it was so damaged...so I'm hoping not to damage my hair or get my hair too straight...

Hopefully it will come out well, I need to read up on some more texlaxing threads.

exubah

I am airdrying in a single plait right now but here is what lead up to it...

- Pre-poo'd overnight with Amla Oil
- Poo'd with Creamy Aloe
- Motions CPR Conditioner Treatment (5 mins under plastic cap)
- Dc'd (15 mins w/heat, add'l 45 mins without) with a mixture of AOHSR, JBCO, EVCO and CD Tui Hair Smoothie (applied with tint brush to ng (almost 8wks post)
- Final rinse with cold water then applied Rusk Smoother and Lacio Lacio Leave-in
- Detangled with seamless comb (wide then fine teeth ACE comb)
- Now (see opening statement)

yardgirl

Today I pooed with CON old formula, DCed with a steam cap for an hour with ORS Replenishing and then sealed and wrapped with Vatika Oil

Simply_Kelz

Saturday morning I cowashed, and braided it in one braid, ran some errands.

Then I went and got it done. I got it blowdried, flatironed and cut; cut looks really good. I'm back to full APL.

Barbie83

okay, i'm done venting..

Girl those are my thoughts exactly! I was going for 16 weeks (my first stretch) but I ended at 15. I think 15 is my threshold, I was looking TORE up this week!

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Tomorrow I'm gonna DC with ORS Hair Mayo (new formula) mixed with a spoonful of Avocado oil. Detangle with my Garnier Fructis leave-in. I'm gonna try to dry my hair using the Scarf Method(?). Ima wrap a scarf around the front of my head so it will lie flat and leave the back out. just to see how it will turn out.

Then for the rest of the weekend I will have my usual PS of 6 braids under my half wig.

This did not turn out well. The protein was too much plus I forgot to follow up with a moisturizing dc (I usually always forget :perplexed). I lost about 20 hairs (is this alot?) and proceeded to air dry with my hair out. Came out crunchy but the front was nice and flat from the scarf. I'm cowashing right now to restore the softness (thats all it usually takes :))