September 18, 19, 20......What are you doing to your hair???

SherylsTresses

I'm 7 weeks post and still trying to get over protein overload :perplexed. Soooo, this weekend I will do:

Moisturizing Prepoo and Shampoo

• Separate hair into 4 sections
  • Moisture/dandruff prepoo overnight
  • Shampoo (heavily diluted with water)
  • Deep conditioning w/ heat for 50 mins
  • Let dc cool, add more deep conditioner mixture
  • Rinse conditioner in shower with running water, detangle in 8 sections
  • Apply KeraCare leave-in, Moisture Milks & setting lotion
  • Rollerset (airdry always) and saran wrap for 15-20 mins
  • Moisturize as needed with Moisture Milks or Humectin, seal w/ EVOO
  • Pincurl and baggy as needed

What are your hair plans for this weekend?!?!

Last edited:

Ramya

wash/dc rollerset and flatiron. I think I'm going to wear my hair straight this winter but I have to perfect my technique first. :)

Bun Mistress

Nothing!!!! Its a first for me really. I did a bantu knot out yesterday and it's turned out really well, going to wear it for the wekend while I go see my parents. I'll try to post pics when I charge my camera

baddison

natural for good
Oh happy day!! This weekend I'll be using my 2009 Boot Camp Session #3 pass to relax and legth checks!!! :dance7:

msa

Tonight I plan to condition (AOHSR and AOGPB), detangle, and put my hair in two french braids and leave it for the next week if possible.

Last edited:

beana

I'm clarifying over the weekend, my hair hasn't been right the past three washes and i'm thinking i may need to strip any remaining BKT from my hair and start fresh.

1 lather elucence volume clarifying poo
1 lather elucence MB shampoo
Silk elements DC
Salerm leave in
Rollerset, airdry

fyb87

I will be doing a Cassia/Henna Treatment this week-end along with a Deep Conditioning Treatment. This is my process:

Friday
  • Mix up 100g box of Dulhan Henna and 100g box of BAQ Jamilla Henna with warm distilled water before leaving for work
  • Once I get home rinse my hair of product and put hair in 8 twist
  • Add 200g of Cassia to mix along with honey, castor oil, Rosemary EO and Tea Tree Oil then apply to hair, cover with saranwrap and leave on overnight

Saturday
  • Rinse out in the backyard then co-wash the rest in the shower with VO5 Tea Conditioner (can't remember exact name) and put hair in 4 twist
  • Mix up Deep Conditioning Treatment using Elasta QP DPR-11, Castor Oil, Honey, Rosemary EO and Tea Tree EO and apply to my hair
  • Sit with bonnet attachment for an hour and rinse out
  • Do a Wash-n-Go with KCKT and KCCC (if it's raining) or DonnaMarie Detangler
    Leave-in and DM MiraCurl Curling Gelly (if it's not raining and it will be my first time using)

Sapphire_chic

18th: Bentonite treatment to remove the weeks residue chlorine (i may shampoo my scalp after depending on how clean it feels) then applying henna to ends.
19th: deep condition, detangle then into flat twists.
20th: i might mtg my scalp

Toy

On the 19th

I will condition wash/deep condish for about 45mins under a heat cap
W/Wen Fig,Mane & Tail deep conditioner,

Moisturize with S-curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer & Qhemet root burdock butter.

Seal with jojoba,and coconut oil.

Let my hair Airdy hanging down:grin::grin:

Also i will be 13 wks post on friday.

HERicane10

Henna'd on Sunday, so on the 19th I'll indigo 2hr and DC with GVP Joico K-pak for 30mn with heat.

14 wk. relaxer set for 9/30. Can't wait.

Missi

19th or 20th Its likely i'll

Steam Treatment - prepoo w/ amla oil and vatika frosting and place a hot towel around my head for about an hr and rinse

Shampoo & DC - think I'll be using a protein conditioner...the apHogee 2 min

Rollerset - and flat iron my entire head or just roots. not too sure...because I am texlax: i need to do more to control the volume in my hair. Even though its soft, shiney, its can get soft and poofy looking and I hate when that happens

ChristmasCarol

I'm in Florida on vacation and I just bought a BKT from a shop here in Boca Raton. Now I wanna go home so I can try it out!!! I'll have to ship it to myself because the bottles of shampoo, condish and treatment are larger than 3 ounces. I'm glad I remembered the airline rules re: liquids or they woulda had to call Homeland Security if they tried to confiscate it.

Headline: Ohio Woman Arrested After Refusing To Turn Over Hair Products At West Palm Beach International

Sapphire_chic

Headline: Ohio Woman Arrested After Refusing To Turn Over Hair Products At West Palm Beach International
WOOOOW :lachen:what is the chance she was nikos' cousin? lol jk but Seriously i could imagine that being me...hope she doesn't get a record.
(sorry bout going ot)

chebaby

tomorrow im gonna give myself a milk and honey treatment to co wash with. just coconut milk and honey.
satural i will just water rinse
sunday i will pre poo/deep condition with my mix of 1 banana, 1 avocado, coconut milk, honey and olive oil. then shampoo with black soap and then re-condition with kbb deep conditioner. then i will just wash and go. i dont think i wanna twist this week.

A_Queen

September is my "wear it straight/pressed" month. So I'll be. . .

Sept. 18. Evening
Washing with my shampoo mixture (1 cup new CON, 1/2 condish, 1/4 essential oil, 2 TB of honey)

Deep Condish with DPR-11 (for 1 hour w/heat)

Apply Infusium 23 as leave-in (wait until its 60% dry)

Apply Sabino as Heat Pro and Moisture Block (LOVE THIS STUFF):rosebud:

Blowdry

Do quick updo

Sept 19 Evening (bunch of meetings in morning and afternoon)
Flat Iron

Nourish with Design Essentials Herbal Complex 4 (LOVE LOVE LOVE) :grin:

Do Bantu Knot Set Overnight

September 20
Rock Bantu Knot Set Out.

:FlahsssssI'm still new to site so taking pictures and learning how to stay within the size limitation to upload are on my todo list too. Is there a tutorial for that?!

Last edited:

bbdgirl

I am 17wks post and I am upping my protein and trying to be extra gentle on my hair.
This weekend I am:
sectioning into 4 sections
Clarifying-
washing- with Wen or Hair one
DC- protein emergencee and pantene r&n- 30 minutes with heat
rinse with cool/cold water
Smooth in with a light hand, I tend to be heavy handed w/ products
HE LTR leave in
Hollywood beauty carrot oil moisturizer
organics coconut and rosemary oil moisturizer
seal with avocado oil
braid into 4 plaits dry overnight

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Friday I'm going to dc on dry hair with Lustrasilk Mango/Shea Butter cholesterol and coconut oil. Then I'll co wash with Aphogee 2min and Suave coconut cond. Then spray on Aphogee leave in, add HE LTR and coconut oil. Airdry in 2 low ponies and blowdry on low heat Sat. am.

SherylsTresses

QUOTE=wavezncurlz;8846198]My bday is on the 20th! Getting it straightened for the first time since May! Length check posting soon![/QUOTE]

:birthday3: :present:[

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
tonight - apply MTG mix to my scalp.
18th Taking down these frizzy arse cornrows, prepoo with oil, clarify w/ Mizani, wash iwth Joico KPAK, DC w/ Joico KPAk w/ heat. Air dry over night.

19th- blowdry and flat iron for length check & braid prep.

20th Tree Braids! I watched some tut's on youtube and know that I see they are just cornrows I feel better about getting them. I want to be able to wear them at least 8 weeks so pray for me.