Sensitive Scalp Relaxers

cutieonduty

Hey yall!!Im new here and I am very excited to begin my journey in healthy hair care. But I have a question. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between a regular relaxer and a sensitive scalp relaxer. I burn easily and next time I get a touch up, Im considering on using a sensitive scalp relaxer. I burn very easily ( like after 2 min:crying3:) and since it burns, my hair never gets straight. A sista needs some help!

Great question! I also burn easily w/ some relaxers (Linange) and have no problems w/ others. the problem is I prefer the Linange relaxer. I've always wondered if the sensitive scalp relaxers are as good as the regular ones.

Not sure I believe in those. I mean if they are weaker, will they process your hair properly? Do you base your scalp?

And :welcome:

Are you looking for Lye or No lye.. If no Lye I use soft and beautiful botanicals sensitive scalp and it has been a life saver for the last 2 years.. No burns since - at all!! btw - I used to burn after about 38 seconds into the relaxer, lol

Great question! I also burn easily w/ some relaxers (Linange) and have no problems w/ others. the problem is I prefer the Linange relaxer. I've always wondered if the sensitive scalp relaxers are as good as the regular ones.

Linange has a no lye version aka sensitive scalp. I've used it and liked the results

Hey yall!!Im new here and I am very excited to begin my journey in healthy hair care. But I have a question. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between a regular relaxer and a sensitive scalp relaxer. I burn easily and next time I get a touch up, Im considering on using a sensitive scalp relaxer. I burn very easily ( like after 2 min:crying3:) and since it burns, my hair never gets straight. A sista needs some help!

hi and Welcome:grin:

Sensitive scalp relaxers are usually no-lye relaxers. What relaxers have you used in the past? I have a VERY sensitive scalp as well and i use Phytorelaxer index 2, i never burn with this.

I use Mizani sensitive scalp relaxer and I love it. It does not burn my hair like the other regular relaxers I've used in the past and it makes my hair straight.

FYI...............I had scalp issues and i started using a sensitive scalp relaxer. It did not burn but i noticed the drying effect it had on my hair. The no lye relaxer changed the color and had it dry and brittle. Today i switched back to lye and amazingly i didn't burn. I just make sure to tell my stylist to try her best not to get it on my scalp. Yeah no lye relaxer almost ruined my hair. I couldn't figure out for a while why my hair had changed drastically and my routine stayed the same. The only thing i changed was relaxers.

The last time I was natural, when I finally decided to relax again, I went to the best stylist I know, and she picked Vitale something, I don't recall. However, I relax at home for the most part, so I've switched a few times within the Vitale brand. Once, I used the one with "body" in the name, and it burned my scalp, and I'm not even that sensitive usually. I've been using Vitale Sensitive Scalp Relaxer (I just ran to go look at the box, it says "the new definition for silky, straight hair that's never dry") for a while and haven't had any problems.

I like that they include a pre-foundation conditioner (for before the perm) and a corrective conditioner (for after) in the box. Also, the company makes a "between the perm and the neutralizer" thing, called 'Revive Positive Conditioner' which I just used for the first time, and I loved it.

*btw, as I was typing this, I had to go look through all my perm stuff, and, lo and behold, I discover a half-full, full-sized bottle of Vitale Neutralizer, and I thought I was out! I almost bought some more yesterday! So, thank you, OP, for making me look through my junk. :)

Are you looking for Lye or No lye.. If no Lye I use soft and beautiful botanicals sensitive scalp and it has been a life saver for the last 2 years.. No burns since - at all!! btw - I used to burn after about 38 seconds into the relaxer, lol

I used to use Botanicals and my scalp never burned. I only stopped using it because it came in a box and you pay like 6 bucks for 1-2 uses. It's a great relaxer though get the hair straight w/o the burning.

Soft and Beautiful Botanical is the bomb, it doesn't burn at all. It gets the hair very straight too. I applied them myself too. That what I used to use, before I switch over to LYE.

I don't know what the differance is however i have always burned to the point of tears literally and scalp burns out of this world until I went to a stylist who uses INFLUANCE sensitive scalp relaxer and I swear I had no burning what so ever. I was actually shocked when it was time to rinse out because I was still waiting for the feeling of acid rain on my scalp

The difference is that lye relaxers contain sodium hydroxide and sensitive scalp (no-lye) relaxers contain guanidine and/or calcium hydroxide.

I used to use Affirm for sensitive scalp, but now I use Mizani Butter blends for sensitive scalp. Both of those relaxers left my hair bone straight like I like it. No-lye relaxers leave mineral deposits on the hair, which can lead to drying, but as long as you use a chelating shampoo you should be fine...I think ORS Creamy Aloe is a chelating shampoo. After relaxing, I use Mizani Balance Hair Bath which is both a neutralizing and chelating shampoo.

I use Vitale Ideal now I used to use Life and Body and I have a really sensitive scalp and neither burned me. I can not use no lye, I also base my scalp too.

Back