Calling Self-Relaxers: What are the best relaxers

simplyhair

Ok ladies, I'm on the verge of self-relaxing my hair. I've read a couple of good posts on how to apply the relaxer. The posts have really been motivational.

Now, I need to know what are some good or best relaxers out there. So far, stylists have used only No-Lye or Sensitive Scalp relaxers (ie:Vitale Tenderheaded, Vitale Sensitive Scalp).

I'm interested in Elasta QP and using Vitale again. I saw a new one out there called Empress. I'm open to any and all suggestions for relaxers out there.

My hair is 4a/4b. I burn easily in the nape area.

Kitkat

Affirm lye, mild formula. Probably the only mild relaxer that can nicely relax my 4a/4b hair.

AnjelLuvs

I am currently using Supreme's no lye relaxer, the ghetto two in a box kiund, but when I get some chedda, I am goin try elasta qp, or profecivs perm

myco

I like the Vitale Mo'Body. It's a sensitive scalp formula but it still uses sodium hydroxide (lye). I was using Affirm before that, but I found the Vitale to be cheaper and just as effective. Now I can spend those extra dollars on conditioners.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Relaxers I have used:
Elasta QP
Motions
Hawaiian Silk

They all did great for my 3b fine hair.

beana3

i've used soo many relaxers in the past, so I'm really in tuned with what to expect from a good relaxer.

Elasta qp is good, it leaves a slight curl pattern in my 4a hair but yet it effectively straightens. I used the extra body formula in regular strength my last touch up and left it on for 20 mins. I plan on taking this relaxer with me for my next touch up. plus the ph is pretty low at 11.5

Vitale mo'body sensitive scalp is really strong!!! It comes in one strength (regular) and will probably straighten the most resistent hair with ease. Again this has a low ph as well (11 or 12) and is easily accessible. I think this is a bit too strong for me

Affirm is okay, nothing stellar. there's too much hassle involved when looking for a stylist to apply it. Plus its more expensive than the rest.

I dont self-relax but i HTH anyway

MissMarie23

I use Revlon Realistic Lye.

I previously used Optimum no-lye in super (before finding hair boards).

I would recommend the Revlon

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I, too, use Revlon Realistic lye. It leaves a curl pattern in my hair and doesn't leave it dry. I've been using it for several years.

myco

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:
Vitale mo'body sensitive scalp is really strong!!! It comes in one strength (regular) and will probably straighten the most resistent hair with ease. Again this has a low ph as well (11 or 12) and is easily accessible. I think this is a bit too strong for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've learned to work pretty quickly with that one, if I want to keep my curl pattern. I was actually considering trying the Deep Brilliance relaxer if I decide to let someone else put it in.

DSTcutie

Bantu No-Lye Mild Strength...excellent conditioning relaxer!

I never burn. Also it straightens well, but I never let it get bone straight...always leaves a slight wave pattern.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
Affirm lye regular all the way!!!!

I'm also a 4a/b with very fine hair, and I spike my relaxer with a tablespoon of olive oil. that way I don't burn.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
[ QUOTE ]
oregonchick97266 said:
i use soft and beauitful ( botanicals) i love it. i would try affrim but cant find it

[/ QUOTE ]

I and a whole bunch of affirm users that self relax buy if from Sheldeez.com .It's great!

UmSumayyah

Everyone who has had a good experience with Sheldeez should really add their comments to that thread in the Vendor Review discussion. A few members had some very negative experiences there and it could turn people away from purchasing from them.
Anyway, I did half my head with Mizani Sensitive Scalp yesterday and it came out really well. Got to do the other half tomorrow. I left it in for 20 minutes.

AnjelLuvs

I am 4a/b and have been thinking about switching to a lye relaxer, I am currently using Supreme's regular relaxer, I want to try Elasta, because I want the ones that you can use over and over, without mixing

LEOLADYSW

For the last 6 months I have used Mizani regular lye relaxer. Previously, I used just any box relaxer I found on sale.

Teshila

Elasta QP is excellent. I had really good results when I used it about a month ago. I would also recommend Organic Root Stimulator Relaxer. The conditioner was GREAT, and they really had some great tips to protect your hair during the process, plus I loved all of the products that came with it. HTH. Good luck.

dreemssold

I love Elasta QP; however, Motions is my favorite. Elasta QP and Mizani are tied for a very close second. Any of these suits me just fine, but I have been getting Motions pretty regularly for the last 2 or 3 years.

Donda

Re: Calling Self-Relaxers: What are the best rela

Hawaiian Silky No Base Lye Relaxer!

Motions is good, but usually for hair type number 3's. I perfer Hawaiin Silky because it takes care of not only my 3c section but my 4a as well [;)]. Plus, since using Hawaiian Silky I can go 10 weeks instead of 6-7 with Motions.

atlien

[ QUOTE ]
Wildflower said:
[ QUOTE ]
oregonchick97266 said:
i use soft and beauitful ( botanicals) i love it. i would try affrim but cant find it

[/ QUOTE ]

I and a whole bunch of affirm users that self relax buy if from Sheldeez.com .It's great!

[/ QUOTE ]

They got some good deals going on too!

Aisha

I am a 4a/b and use Mizani Sensitive Scalp exclusively, no burning, straightens w/o losing body.... I also like Phytospecfic Relaxer Index 2..

Lorraine

Optimum Care but I might switch back to Cream of Nature after my best friend shared her results with me. She fell in love with CON.