Senegalese twists: What patterns should you braid in

SimpleKomplexity

Senegalese Twists: Any Tips for Putting them In? (Pictures Included)

My mom and I are trying to do Senegalese twists and they are coming out good, but it looks like I don't have enough braids. I've done half of my head and I only have like 25 braids. I think it's because my mom starting parting straight down, but in some pictures I've noticed that they are braiding in a brick like pattern. Does this help the braids look more full? Should the parts be a lot smaller? How many Senegalease twissts should I have when I finish? I have a medium sized head.

Also. When you part are you supposed to split each part into two different braids to make it look fuller? I'm reaching for 75-100 braids.

My last question is how do you keep the ends from unraveling? Right now I'm just burning them (I used kanekalon hair) but I'ma go back and curl the rest with perm rods and then cut the burned sections off.

Last edited:

SimpleKomplexity

Re: Senegalese Twists: Any Tips for Putting them In? (Pictures Included)

Tell me if the pics are too big! I don't want to have to take down a lot of them, but I think I'ma have to take down a row or two and make the a lot smaller especially in the front. What do yall think? Do they look okay so far?

Last edited:

shenitab

Make smaller blocks going forward depending on how many braids and/or how full you want your head to be. Don't take the ones you have already done out. You can always go back and make them smaller in a few weeks if you want, but the ones on the top will cover the parts anyway.

temfash

Make smaller blocks going forward depending on how many braids and/or how full you want your head to be. Don't take the ones you have already done out. You can always go back and make them smaller in a few weeks if you want, but the ones on the top will cover the parts anyway.

I agree you need to make the sections just a tad bit smaller (not micro) if you dip the ends in hot water they will mesh together just make sure you've braided past your own hair. :afro:

SimpleKomplexity

That's true, They prolly will have to be redone at the top in about 2 weeks so I can leave them like this for awhile. Thanx

I agree you need to make the sections just a tad bit smaller (not micro) if you dip the ends in hot water they will mesh together just make sure you've braided past your own hair. :afro:

That's what I thought the ones in the middle will be smaller and brick layered instead of tic tac toe style. I Already curled some of them with some perm rods but I think they're too long right now so I'ma wait til all of them are done, cut them and the curl em again.