Semi-Permanent hair color

alireno

What is the best semi-perm hair color you all have used? I am speaking of those that contain no peroxide or ammonia.

Camille

I haven't found one that works great just yet, but one that I have used and didn't work that great was the one by Clairol, textue and tones. It was weird b/c I heard so many great things about it. What is the point of using a hair coloring product that does such a great job of protecing and preserving your hair if it doesn't do a job of coloring it, which is why you bought it in the first place? it produced ZERO results and but I still see it in the drain whenever I wash my hair. <font color="blue"> </font> I bought Gentle treatments semi and I am going to use it in a few weeks...that stuff doesn't go bad does it? /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

LondonDiva

For me I use Adore by Creative Image. I contains no alcohol, ammonia or peroxide. I only use the Black Velvet (jet black) colour. It's affordable and the colour takes really well for me. It works better with a cap on under a warm dryer for about 20 minutes.

NAY007

i love bigen hairpowder. it says it is permanent but it do wash out after two months or so.

In addition to Adore, I know alot of ladies here love Sebastians Cellophanes recommended by Tracy - the colouring guru /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

I tried it once too. For me it made my hair feel drier and rough but I'm the only one I think that happened to from this board. Everyone else LOVES it!

mahogani

The semi- permanent hair color i use is called Beautiful Collection by clariol professional it comes in a bronz bottle in all colors it has jojoba oil, aloe vera and vitamin e no ammonia or peroxide in it and it smells great.

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
mahogani said:
The semi- permanent hair color i use is called Beautiful Collection by clariol professional it comes in a bronz bottle in all colors it has jojoba oil, aloe vera and vitamin e no ammonia or peroxide in it and it smells great.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also use Beautiful Collection by Clairol. I really like it.

Kitkat

I use Clairol's Natural Instincts. It has no ammonia but there is a little peroxide in it. The peroxide hasn't done any damage to my hair, but I'll have to check out some of the non-peroxide rinses mentioned in this thread.

Julia

Clairol Jazzing Sheer Haircolor with heat it becomes semi - permanent. I have used it for a few years now and it is fabulos! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

BlkMane

My favs are in order of preference:

Beautiful Collection Semi-permanent hair color
(nice color choices, of the "liquid" semi-perm colors I've tried, this one lasts the longest [compared to Adore]
and has no ammonia/peroxide)

Natural Instincts Semi-Perm color (comes in box)
(This is a little stronger, but the color lasts longer than the liquid semi-perms that have no ammonia/peroxide and
it has never damaged my hair)

Adore Semi-Perm Color
(The coverage doesn't seem to last that long, but it will take
forever to get it totally out of your hair I did one WEEKS ago and
I'm still seeing it come out when I wash. But, it's mild on hair and cheap, good for quick coverage.)