Self Relaxers! Do you DC before or after you apply a rinse?

Smiley79

In an effort to save money me and my step mom are going to do my relaxer (Silk Elements or ORS, not sure yet) and a black rinse (I'm gonna try Clairol Beautiful). I've never done the rinse part on my own. These are my steps thus far but I'm not sure if the DCing takes place before or after applying a rinse.

1. Relaxer
2. Rinse Relaxer
3. Aphogee 2 min or ION reconstructor
4. Neutralize
5. Deep Conditon with Keracare or something

Ok so Now do i apply the rinse or should i have done it before the DC?:spinning:

Hey smiley, I always apply jet black rinse after the 4th step on your list and DC with a moisturizing conditioner for 25 min with heat.....hope this helps

Oh great thanks.

So after the neutralizing step just, go an apply my rinse (follow those directions) and then conclude my hair regimen with a DC with heat. Great! Thanks soooooo much ladies.

At the salon and at home I always deep cond first and then the rinse. Reason being the deep cond will strip some of the color away if you rinse then deep cond. The color will still crab fast because your relaxer being fresh.

Oh ok, I see the point in that way too. lol, Im back to square one! Maybe it can go either way i guess.

I self relax and do all of your steps 1-4...I do my color rinse after step 4(neutralize) I don't generally DC but I do use a moisturizing conditioner after the color rinse.

HTH.

Remember Smiley79, some color rinses leave the hair a little drying so DCing with a moisturizing deep conditioner after a rinse is recommended. I agree with all the ladies here. The rinse goes after #4 but before #5 on your list.

Remember Smiley79, some color rinses leave the hair a little drying so DCing with a moisturizing deep conditioner after a rinse is recommended. I agree with all the ladies here. The rinse goes after #4 but before #5 on your list.

That's correct and one of the reasons I use a moisturizing conditioner after the color rinse.

Thanks ladies...everything turned out perfect. Just a sidenote....I tried Silk Elements relaxer for the first time and I have to admit that I actually prefer the ORS relaxer instead. So that's my review on that relaxer. The ORS relaxer left my hair feeling like butter. So I'll go back to that one.

Thanks ladies...everything turned out perfect. Just a sidenote....I tried Silk Elements relaxer for the first time and I have to admit that I actually prefer the ORS relaxer instead. So that's my review on that relaxer. The ORS relaxer left my hair feeling like butter. So I'll go back to that one.

Thanks for the update on how it went....:pics:

Back