Self-Relaxed Ladies: Which relaxer do you use?

missbugg21

I am 12 weeks post and due for a relaxer next weekend. I self-relax and am thinking of making a switch from ORS Olive Oil to another brand. I've heard good things about Design Essentials and Affirm.

Which brand do you other self-relaxed ladies use?

danysedai

I use Affirm in Mild. And ever since my hairdresser passed away, my hair has been underprocessed, she got it bone straight with the same relaxer, so it's also technique I think.

napbella

I prefer Vitale regular strength. But my hairdresser used the "Influence" brand back on Apr 1, its just ok. Dont know that I will continue relaxing if I decide to use keratin to straighten the new growth--a lil leery about using it tho, dont want to lose my length.

caliscurls

Linange Shea Butter

It doesn't get me close to straight though even with the max time so I'm texlaxed. If I ever decide to go straight I'll do the corrective (5 min) with ORS..but right now I'm too chicken :look:

EbonyCPrincess

Optimum Care Salon Collection No-Lye (regular strength). I think I'm a devoted fan for life, I've never loved self-relaxing before changing my technique and using this brand.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I use Silk Elements lye, regular strength. I have so-called 4a hair and this relaxer takes a while to get my hair straight.

simsim1980

I just relaxed and used hawaiian silky reg. and did not like it. My hair was not evenly relaxed and my scalp/hair was dry, but did not make me shed

The same thing happen when I used ORS lye a few months ago.

Used Linange last year and I had a lot of shedding after.

I've been hearing a lot about Mizani. I used Affirm lye in the past before I went natural and my hair was always nice and soft. I would have used it again when I started relaxing last year but its very expensive.