Self-Installed Senegalese Twists w/pics!!!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
So this weekend (and I mean the WHOLE weekend), I decided to try and self-install my own Senegalese twists using Kanekalon RastAfri 100% Afrelle, here's what I did:

• Friday:
    • Shampoo with Paul Mitchell's "Real Clean" (I think that's the name) Shampoo...it has sulfates, I know. Bad.
    • Overnight DC with a mix of: Nexxus, L'Occitane Shea DC, Coconut Oil, Aloe Juice, EVOO, Honey, etc.
  • Saturday:
    • TWIST! (it took me all day, with frequent and long breaks)
  • Sunday:
    • Re-twist a few scraggly ones from late Saturday
    • Curl the ends with boiling water and curl rods
And on to the pics (I make strange faces ALOT, I don't like pictures):

Frizzies Frizzies Frizzies! My hair is frizzy and I'm not good enough
to hide them...yet.

Here's the finished product...it's a bit thin for me.

The front

And there it is!

This is only my second time putting anything in my hair (the first time I put in kinky twists) I would like to keep these in for 4-6 weeks, fixing loose ones as I go. I am having trouble getting them close to my head AND I still have little bits of my hair sticking out of the twist, which look better now, compared to the first time, but still look bad, IMHO. I'm proud of myself, up next: conquer the cornrow!

Ivonnovi

That's a very Nice job!

I hear you on the l-o-n-g install, and then having to go back and fix a few but that's all part of the learning process.

When I first started doing my hair I would work in 4 hour intervals, yes it would take me 24hrs to complete but I quickly learned that after 4hrs my works was "not so on point". LOL

Edited to add: If you blend the 27 evenly through the darker shade, it will make for some very nice and subtle highlights. This is about the only reason I have an "Ace" comb in the house.

Last edited: