Senegalese Twists?

MissMusic

Does anyone do their own senegalese twists? Is it anything like braid extentions? I can do braid extensions, but I would like to do my own senegalese twists. Can anyone give me instructions? or better yet, is the hair twisted in or braided at the root and this twisted? Thanks!

DivaRox

Does anyone do their own senegalese twists? Is it anything like braid extentions? I can do braid extensions, but I would like to do my own senegalese twists. Can anyone give me instructions? or better yet, is the hair twisted in or braided at the root and this twisted? Thanks!

I had a set in earlier this year. I did some research and I think true senagalese twists are not braided at the root. The hair is somehow twisted around on itself-idk how to explain that further:look:. From what I understand this puts lots of tension on the hair. So, I'm very glad that though I asked for senagalese, what I got was braided at the root for about half an inch or so and then twisted the remainder of the way down. It came out really nice and was easy to take down.