Self Installed Invisible Part Sew-In No Glue! (Pics)

soon2bsl

Hey ladies! So I decided to try the invisible part sew in. I found a youtube vid and saw this lady did it without using any glue. I was so glad to know that this can be done by sewing it in because it seems like it's mostly done with glue, which I refuse to use. :)

I didn't do my braid pattern like this hers because I actually found the video after a day of wearing my sew in (wore a clousure for a day, but it looked kinda bumpy/humpy at the top and didn't like it). I did regular cornrows going straight back, but made a couple braids skinny at the top.

So here's a couple pics from the weekend. I went out with my hubby and our friends to celebrate Valentines Day.

Here's the link to the youtube vid, it's 2 parts to it:

YouTube - PART I***NO GLUE INVISIBLE PART and SEW IN****

YouTube - PART 2***NO GLUE INVISIBLE PART and Sew In***

Pics attached.

Attachments

• 179853_10100188671527592_5114374_55580732_6627728_n.jpg
    179853_10100188671527592_5114374_55580732_6627728_n.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 709
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 589

kandegirl

You did a good job. I've seen the youtube before but I haven't tried it yet. I'll have to try it on one of my clients soon. It's great to have all of your hair put out so it all can grow at one pace b/c my leave out stays short.

levone

Wow, your hair looks great from what I could see in your pics. Is there any way you could post a close up view of your part? It looks very flat...I would love to try this myself one day, but it seems to be a LOT of work. You were fast with yours!

BlackMasterPiece

OMG its so awesome, I did this technique on my mom and she's really enjoying it. You did a great job. What was your braid pattern? How were you able to do this in 3 hrs? This took me forever to do.

OrangeMoon

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU x 30 FOR POSTING THIS! Your results are wonderful and also thank you for posting the tutorial for reference.

soon2bsl

Wow, your hair looks great from what I could see in your pics. Is there any way you could post a close up view of your part? It looks very flat...I would love to try this myself one day, but it seems to be a LOT of work. You were fast with yours!

Thanks levone! Yes I'll try to take some close up pics and put them up this week. It actually was way easier than I thought it would be. Now I don't feel limited to just wearing kinky curly weaves, because that's been the main type of weave I've worn since begining my hhj...because I would blend my leave out with it.

OMG its so awesome, I did this technique on my mom and she's really enjoying it. You did a great job. What was your braid pattern? How were you able to do this in 3 hrs? This took me forever to do.

Thanks BlackMasterPiece!! I just did about 7 cornrows going back. But the front 2 or 3 braids I made skinnier and connected them into the bigger cornrows. I think braiding it took about a little under an hour. The sewing it in took around 2 hours (could have been a little more, not sure cause I took a few short breaks). The next day when I took the closure out, I sewed in the front pieces for the invisible part...I really think that part took around 30 minutes.

soon2bsl

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU x 30 FOR POSTING THIS! Your results are wonderful and also thank you for posting the tutorial for reference.

Aww...you're welcome! I was hoping this could be helpful to those that are interested in doing/wearing invisible part sew ins! I was so glad to learn there is a healthy way of doing it without glue. I retained alot of length last year with sew ins and crochets...so now I'm really going to have some fun playing around with different styles while all my hair is protected. Trying to reach my 2011 goal of MBL by Dec, since I had just made it there last Dec then did the BC.

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

soon2bsl said:
Thanks BlackMasterPiece!! I just did about 7 cornrows going back. But the front 2 or 3 braids I made skinnier and connected them into the bigger cornrows. I think braiding it took about a little under an hour. The sewing it in took around 2 hours (could have been a little more, not sure cause I took a few short breaks). The next day when I took the closure out, I sewed in the front pieces for the invisible part...I really think that part took around 30 minutes.
Oooooohhh okay, I get it only 7 braids....gurrrrl WAIT till you see the braiding pattern I did on my mom...whoo chile...but its all good, I want that sucka to LAST on her!:lol: I want her to keep it like 2months+! lol

soon2bsl

Oooooohhh okay, I get it only 7 braids....gurrrrl WAIT till you see the braiding pattern I did on my mom...whoo chile...but its all good, I want that sucka to LAST on her!:lol: I want her to keep it like 2months+! lol

LOL...yeah mine was real simple, straight back cornrows. :) Please post some pics when you get a chance. I'd love to see how your mom's hair looks! Also, how's your hhj going? Did you reach your goal of WL?

BlackMasterPiece

soon2bsl said:
LOL...yeah mine was real simple, straight back cornrows. :) Please post some pics when you get a chance. I'd love to see how your mom's hair looks! Also, how's your hhj going? Did you reach your goal of WL?
I promise I have a huge update thread coming up and a separate thread for all the styles I've been doing since my last update:yep:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

temfash

I concur, I was discouraging my daughter off getting a full weave for her birthday as I was worried about it looking unnatural/wiggy, your tutorial has given me the confidence to try it out and make a teenager happy :lol:

Fine 4s

I promise I have a huge update thread coming up and a separate thread for all the styles I've been doing since my last update:yep:

About darn time *sucking my teeth and rolling my neck*
Wa'p fout fe nou tan twop merrrrrrrde! :lachen::lachen:

soon2bsl

Do all of you guys sew around the tracks or through them? I think I would actually be able to do this...

I sew around the track. I read somewhere that it helps to better preserve the wefts if you sew around it.

Ok, BMP, I'll be looking out for it! :)

I concur, I was discouraging my daughter off getting a full weave for her birthday as I was worried about it looking unnatural/wiggy, your tutorial has given me the confidence to try it out and make a teenager happy :lol:

Aww..thanks!!

loved

Style Maintenance

soon2bsl and BlackMasterPiece and anyone else who has tried this technique. How long does it last? Any updates on braid pattern pics?

How does it look once the braids start to grow? If you use the technique in the youtube vid, do you have to keep tightening all of those top pieces?

BlackMasterPiece

Re: Style Maintenance

Hey loved, I think this technique only lasts 3 weeks to a month. I wasn't thrilled about that:ohwell: This is an awesome approach for wigs though:yep: