Saved and Sexy?

TrustMeLove

:yep:
Pole and gymnastics is nothing both core strength. Your whole body has to be solid but core is essential. Without it, you're just walking around a pole pretty much.

I would LOVE to do gymnastics hardcore. They be getting it on the beam, floor, tramp, etc... But its much scarier. I tried it once and I fell on my head literally trying to jump and flip on the tramp. Needless to say, I didnt go back. Not a good look. If I get bored with pole, I'll probably try it again I am sure. The gym is boring to me. I like to stay active and fit in fun ways.

Don't let one bad incident ruin it all for you. Maybe you need to find a better training ctr and a better coach. If you can do the poll dancing semi well you should definitely look into getting a coach/class for gymnastics...

BeautifulFlower

What's exactly your point?

Majority meaning popular opinion. Popular opinion has nothing to do with its original intent.

Regardless of what I say, you're going to judge it and obviously judge me.

Pole is not what this thread is about so if you want to talk, PM me.

BeautifulFlower

You're right. When I've mastered the pole, I'll move on. I have ADD in everything, I'll get bored eventually.

:yep:

Don't let one bad incident ruin it all for you. Maybe you need to find a better training ctr and a better coach. If you can do the poll dancing semi well you should definitely look into getting a coach/class for gymnastics...

Ms.Honey

Majority meaning popular opinion. Popular opinion has nothing to do with its original intent.

Regardless of what I say, you're going to judge it and obviously judge me.

Pole is not what this thread is about so if you want to talk, PM me.

With all things we seek God first and His counsel. I sent you a pm.

momi

In this and all things - let's study the original (God's word) and not the counterfeit (what the world says we should aspire to) and let that be the deciding factor.

This would make a nice bible study. Think of women as mentioned in the bible - what is the first adjective that comes to mind?

I'll start...

Sexy? nope
Modest - yep
virtuous
chaste
good

It is so easy to be lead astray by ideals and concepts that are not of God. We have to destroy and re-build our thinking... this is a constant and daily task for me - Lord help!

MA2010

In this and all things - let's study the original (God's word) and not the counterfeit (what the world says we should aspire to) and let that be the deciding factor.

This would make a nice bible study. Think of women as mentioned in the bible - what is the first adjective that comes to mind?

I'll start...

Sexy? nope
Modest - yep
virtuous
chaste
good

It is so easy to be lead astray by ideals and concepts that are not of God. We have to destroy and re-build our thinking... this is a constant and daily task for me - Lord help!

I was patiently waiting for you to come back...........:yep:!

Destroy and rebuild our thinking indeed. I like that concept.

TrustMeLove

I guess we can all agree sexy isn't the right word.

But, I do believe we can be saved and sharp. Saved and sophisticated. Saved and stylish.

Those are all cool things..to be and don't bring shame to God.

But, it's ok to be Saved and NOT stylish or well dressed. This doesn't bring shame to God either.

Ramya

So I've started a study on this topic and so far I've looked up sexy according to today's standard.

Sexually suggestive or stimulating

Why on Earth would I want to sexually stimulate or cause my brother to have impure thoughts?

And then I went to the Word.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Am I truly treating my body as a living sacrifice if I am causing my brother impure thoughts? Do I even want that kind of attention?

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

From the passages that I've read immodesty is connected with pride and sexual immorality. This leads me to believe that by dressing immodestly, I am sewing seeds of sexual immorality and pride into my spirit and heart. I can not glorify God with a prideful heart and I cannot say that I love my neighbor if I am causing them to lust with their eyes. Sin begins with first seeing/hearing and then thinking about it and finally acting on it. Do not cause your neighbor to fall!

Ms.Honey

But, I do believe we can be saved and sharp. Saved and sophisticated. Saved and stylish.

But, it's ok to be Saved and NOT stylish or well dressed. This doesn't bring shame to God either.

I think "alluring" better describes what OP is expressing.

BeautifulFlower

Proverbs 31

The Virtuous Wife
10 Who can find a virtuous[c] wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband safely trusts her;
So he will have no lack of gain.
12 She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
13 She seeks wool and flax,
And willingly works with her hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
She brings her food from afar.
15 She also rises while it is yet night,
And provides food for her household,
And a portion for her maidservants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
From her profits she plants a vineyard.
17 She girds herself with strength,
And strengthens her arms.
18 She perceives that her merchandise is good,
And her lamp does not go out by night.
19 She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hand holds the spindle.
20 She extends her hand to the poor,
Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of snow for her household,
For all her household is clothed with scarlet.
22 She makes tapestry for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies sashes for the merchants.
25 Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “ Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.

Its clear to me here that a godly woman is dress beautifully inside and out.

Aviah

Why would we need to take an activity that is known as whoreish, sleazy and darkness and incorporate it in our lives? Why would we make ANY affiliation with ungodliness and think it's ok? How is pole dancing glorifying God in your lives. Why do what hoes do? And how can you do it and expect God and man to see you as virtuous, holy women of God? Join Curves to exercise, all women.

I don't want my DH to be reminded of whores, strippers and prostitutes when we're being intimate or at any other time. I want him to always be aware that I am the glory of God, that God has allowed him to share His glory with him and to ALWAYS treat me and see me as such when he looks at me.

Sex itself can be associated with these things, as are g-strings, pumps, etc. The difference is the context. Now if a man who is now saved used to be promiscuous, and sex was just something to do before he was saved then sex could remind him of sleazy behavior also. As with the other things mentioned, does this mean sleeping with your husband makes you a whore? No way! but having sex is what whores do. And if a man, who has married a woman is going to associate her with whoredom because she is trying to appeal to him, I believe there is an issue. There are obviously many reasons (at least there should be) he had for marrying her. There are many wild things that prostitues do for men that their saved, holy wives can do for them WITHIN marriage. Therefore to say that pole-dancing is inherently "whoreish" IMHO is not so. What could be more appealing to a man f he has everything he wants from his wife right there in the bedroom?

Renewed1

I feel that I can be saved and sexy. It depends what the person (yourself) and the people that are watching you consider "sexy". Which can be anything! A man could think that you're sexy because you're smart, for example.

I do believe a Christian woman should dress modestly.

BeautifulFlower

But like the OP stated again, I dont believe she was referring to clothing at all. Attitude and confidence...thats whats she talking about...

Ramya

well dressed or 'finely dressed' does not mean adhering to current trends in fashion. I associate 'finely' dressed with flattering cuts and silhouettes.

BeautifulFlower

:drool:Intelligence is the top (under being a godly man) thing for me.

I love smart men. So sexy. Its a requirement I marry a man that will teach me something. I like muscles too...:grin: Nice body is on the list as well.

Oh and men in power position. Barack Obama....:drool:
No offense Michelle

I feel that I can be saved and sexy. It depends what the person (yourself) and the people that are watching you consider "sexy". Which can be anything! A man could think that you're sexy because you're smart, for example.

I do believe a Christian woman should dress modestly.

Last edited:

Renewed1

Well said Aviah. It's all about association and a particular person's viewpoint. If my (future) hubby wants me to pole dance for him....I WILL!! I was taught and I agree with, that anything that you and your husband agreed to do in the bedroom should not be considered ungodly.

Sex itself can be associated with these things, as are g-strings, pumps, etc. The difference is the context. Now if a man who is now saved used to be promiscuous, and sex was just something to do before he was saved then sex could remind him of sleazy behavior also. As with the other things mentioned, does this mean sleeping with your husband makes you a whore? No way! but having sex is what whores do. And if a man, who has married a woman is going to associate her with whoredom because she is trying to appeal to him, I believe there is an issue. There are obviously many reasons (at least there should be) he had for marrying her. There are many wild things that prostitues do for men that their saved, holy wives can do for them WITHIN marriage. Therefore to say that pole-dancing is inherently "whoreish" IMHO is not so. What could be more appealing to a man f he has everything he wants from his wife right there in the bedroom?

BeautifulFlower

And if he said, its for "whores" I dont want you doing it, I'll stop as a submissive wife should.

Well said Aviah. It's all about association and a particular person's viewpoint. If my (future) hubby wants me to pole dance for him....I WILL!! I was taught and I agree with, that anything that you and your husband agreed to do in the bedroom should not be considered ungodly.

Renewed1

I so agree!

I love smart men. So sexy. Its a requirement I marry a man that will teach me something. I like muscles too...:grin: Nice body is on the list as well.

No offense Michelle

TrustMeLove

Probably! I just used other words that I think I am. Hahaha, Sharp, Stylish, Sophisticated...hahaha.

But, alluring might be a better word. I don't want to be that either. I don't want to bring on any attention from men( random dudes) in any way that isn't something deeper than something you can see on the outside.

Those fools usually end up being loooserrrs!

TrustMeLove

No offense Michelle

You are a mess! :rofl3: I love smart men too. But, it doesn't have to be like you know nerdy smart. But, be a master of something...ya know? I want to feel like I can learn things from my husband. That he is leading his househould.

I love the P's

Pastor
Prophet
Protector
Provider

I think their might be another P...but my husband needs to be all of thee above.

BeautifulFlower

Of course not. Trendy is current and that changes every seasons. Trendy is not the same as well-dressed.

For example:

well dressed or 'finely dressed' does not mean adhering to current trends in fashion. I associate 'finely' dressed with flattering cuts and silhouettes.

TrustMeLove

I don't know why you said the above or if it is in response to something in the thread. But, I totally agree. I really have my own form of fashion and it somtimes doesn't go with the current trend or what is in NOW!

But, I am just doing me...:yep:

Ms.Honey

Pole dancing is a sex industry activity made popular in the secular world because of UNGODLY SEXUALITY!!!!!!. What does darkness have to do with the Light?

BeautifulFlower

You are a mess! :rofl3: I love smart men too. But, it doesn't have to be like you know nerdy smart. But, be a master of something...ya know? I want to feel like I can learn things from my husband. That he is leading his househould.

I love the P's

Pastor
Prophet
Protector
Provider

I think their might be another P...but my husband needs to be all of thee above.

Yes, I man that knows his stuff...intelligence is so sexy...

Nerdy smart can fly too. As long as he looks good to me. But thats just me. I'll take Bill Gates anyday...:lachen:

No geeks though. No life outside of a mainframe computer. Annoying. Arrogant. No thank you.

Ramya

Of course not. Trendy is current and that changes every seasons. Trendy is not the same as well-dressed.

For example:

I know but there are many who think so. If there weren't the stores wouldn't fill racks with those items. And the above is a hot mess on so many levels :lachen:

neenzmj

You ladies have turned this into a great discussion. In having looked at many of the comments I thought, "wouldn't it be great if Christians began setting the trends instead of the other way around?"