Satin Scarves that claim hair growth

I_shure_do_wish

Has anyone ever tried those satin scarves that claim to grow your hair like the one from www.triplegro.com. If you did use one did you see any results? I think there a bunch of balony but still good to help breakage

tuffCOOKiE

I don't think that would make any sense.

This is the way I look at it-

1. Maybe the Scarf has moisturisers in the Scarf. In which case, only the outside of your hair would be moisturised and otherwise, the middle would not be.

2. Maybe this is for ppl that dont wrap thier hair at all. Any wrapping whether it be just putting on the scarf, would help.

That's the only way that I can think of that it would be helpful-- at all

t_marie_71483

I_shure_do_wishHas anyone ever tried those satin scarves that claim to grow your hair like the one from www.triplegro.com. If you did use one did you see any results? I think there a bunch of balony but still good to help breakage

I have tried these before and I think ur right,..its a bunch of balony!! And of course, any silk or satin scarf will help stop breakage which WILL lead to longer, stronger hair. I didnt see any more growth with these than I did with my other silk scarf. I do think that some scarves are made of a better grade of satin which protect hair better than others tho.

Jetblackhair

Has anyone ever tried those satin scarves that claim to grow your hair like the one from www.triplegro.com. If you did use one did you see any results? I think there a bunch of balony but still good to help breakage

I have a satin "growth" scarf, but really I bought it because I needed a scarf. I agree with you, I don't believe it can actually grow your hair, but using a satin scarf helps to protect your hair from breakage. That's what they need to put on the packaging versus a scarf that can grow your hair.:ohwell:

ShiShiPooPoo

I just buy these (have one on now matter of fact) because the quality seems to be a little better than those really cheap thin ones.

gabulldawg

I also have one. I didn't buy it thinkin it would actually grow my hair, though. Just needed a satin scarf! Anyway, needless to say, it hasn't contributed to my hair growth.... as far as I know... hmmm :grin:

I_shure_do_wish

Well it is a good way to market a product mixing up words tricking people who wouldn't know. Afterall it's all about keeping the hair you have to see results.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Hi :) Just a suggestion but you may want to delete all the extra space you have in your siggy. If you need any help let me know and i'll be happy to help ya :)

Keen

I got one of those just for the hell of it. I didn't think it would grow hair but since I needed a satin scarf anyway, I got one. I never tracked to see if I got any growth from it.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Thanks your that suggestion I was wondering why I had so much spacing in my siggy just never thought of back spacing on it

Dangonit, i was going to go back and edit my post and then pm you. I just got upstairs from dropping a load in the laundry. My intent wasn't to put you on blast or call you out or anything which is why I was gonna go back and edit it out. Hope you aren't mad :)

MariposaSexyGirl

I have a satin "growth" scarf, but really I bought it because I needed a scarf. I agree with you, I don't believe it can actually grow your hair, but using a satin scarf helps to protect your hair from breakage. That's what they need to put on the packaging versus a scarf that can grow your hair.:ohwell:

I know Right....:yep:

youwillrise

yeah...i bought one of those types of scarves before
definitely didnt think it'd help grow (or condition)
my hair

it does smell semi-good at first, though lol

I_shure_do_wish

Dangonit, i was going to go back and edit my post and then pm you. I just got upstairs from dropping a load in the laundry. My intent wasn't to put you on blast or call you out or anything which is why I was gonna go back and edit it out. Hope you aren't mad :)

Dont worry about it, I did feel abit embrassed or you could say dry but it was for the better. I rather have known sooner rather than later. Thanks Bre Bre :yep:

Lexxx

Iv'e checked these out in the store, and i thought the quality was prety crap!

My first satin scarf was brought for me many, many moons ago by my grandma, (bless her)ugly, but very good quality, It felt apart a few years ago and i could not find a quality satin scarf any where, so i just brought a yard of satin material cut it in diagonal half. hemmed the edges, gave the other half to my daughter.

I have quite a few now, so does my daughter, she wears them outside the house, she loves them, i think they are a bit to garish for that :nono:

but they do the trick:yep:

blue_flower

I think any old satin scarf would be good enough to protect your hair at night or if you're wearing a wool hat or something.

motherx2esq

I have the bonnet but did not buy it thinking that it would really grow my hair. I did like that it had conditioner in it but wasn't counting on that either. The day I bought it I actually bought both my DD and I two bonnets because we always misplace one.

hothair

I bought this cause I needed a satin scarf, it's ok for that. I do want to get some satin/ silk material and make myself some cute scarves.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
These are the scarves I use. I really like them but I don't believe there's any growth properties in it at all.

itismehmmkay

I think the scarves suck and are sad.

The whole "more growth in 14 days" or whatever is really just less breakage from protecting your hair at night.

Tamrin

unapologetic
They are bogus. I only use scarves from tenderheaded.com. I do not buy the local bss scarves if you wrap and take areal close look your ends are sticking out of the threads still rubbing against the pillow case at night. When buying a silk scarf please consider the thread count or the tightness of the threads that makes the silk scarf.

AvaSpeaks

I think the scarves suck and are sad.

The whole "more growth in 14 days" or whatever is really just less breakage from protecting your hair at night.

Yeah but for some of us, even that's a big help. I get mad crazy growth but my hair stays the same length all the time. Why? Because I can't retain any length.

So ANYTHING that would help me retain some length is good enough for me :evilbanana:

I_shure_do_wishHas anyone ever tried those satin scarves that claim to grow your hair like the one from www.triplegro.com. If you did use one did you see any results? I think there a bunch of balony but still good to help breakage

I have tried these before and I think ur right,..its a bunch of balony!! And of course, any silk or satin scarf will help stop breakage which WILL lead to longer, stronger hair. I didnt see any more growth with these than I did with my other silk scarf. I do think that some scarves are made of a better grade of satin which protect hair better than others tho.

Hello t_marie_71483

Newbie to Newbie!

How'd you get all that growth? Are you doing anything else (MN, Carrot Juice..etc)

Sorry for going off topic...

But I will say somethin on the topic. I dont believe the Satin Scarves can increase growth :nono:

t_marie_71483

Hello t_marie_71483

Newbie to Newbie!

How'd you get all that growth? Are you doing anything else (MN, Carrot Juice..etc)

Sorry for going off topic...

But I will say somethin on the topic. I dont believe the Satin Scarves can increase growth :nono:

Hey Nicole!

I've been doing so many different things to improve my hair that I don't really know what is working and whats not lol. I take 2-4oz of carrot juice daily, GNC hair vit., 1-a-day multi, Flax oil, evening primrose oil, fish oil, vit. E, and vit. C. I also try to drink 64-90oz of water per day. Don't wanna take up all the space so I'll just send u my lil regimen:yep: