Satin Roller Review

glamazon386

I have some Satin Rollers that I got from Walgreens a few years ago. Not that particular brand but they're similar. Sponge Rollers with black satin wrapped around them. They were made by Hype Hair and they were alright. I only used them a few times but they're definitely easier to sleep on than the hard rollers. The pack had several different size rollers inside. You should be able to find them at a store in your area though. Try Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc.

Last edited:

Travis Girl

I have some Satin Rollers that I got from Walgreens a few years ago. Not that particular brand but they're similar. Sponge Rollers with black satin wrapped around them. They were made by Hype Hair and they were alright. I only used them a few times but they're definitely easier to sleep on than the hard rollers. The pack had several different size rollers inside. You should be able to find them at a store in your area though. Try Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc.

Thanks for your reply, bmoreflyygirl! I have looked everywhere locally and can't find them----I've only seen them online! :pullhair:

tocthesunrise

I have the Hype Hair ones. I love them. I got mine from Walmart. I also use them in my daugher's hair if we are going somewhere special.

HoneyDew

I have tried the Annie, Hype Hair, Goody and Scunchi brands of these rollers.

I like the foam roller in the Annie ones, but the Satin is CHEAP! It unravels. But, I deal with it.

The Hype Hair ones would fall apart more often. The Goody ones have been all around great and the Scunchi ones are perfect, but they do not come in bigger sizes.

I use these rollers everynight and maintain my style and I love them. The Satin does help my hair maintain my hair's moisture.

tdwillis

They have this exact brand in a local BSS that I frequent. I use them and I like them. However, I use the one that have wire at the end instead of a fastener. It makes it so that there is no bump in my curls.

asubeauty

I use the Hype Hair ones to maintain my rollerset when I want to keep it curly. I just replace the magnetic rollers with these (I got that from TSUPrincess --- gotta give credit where it's due). I love them.

TheNewFine

I have the ones with the leopard print covering on them. I love them - a few go a long way. I can put in 3 or 4 and have lots of curl. Very comfortable to sleep on. I found them at Sally's and Walgreen's. (cheaper at walgreen's)

bellalouise

I use Hype Rolller. I have been extermely pleased with my hair. The curls are sometimes a little tight. Soo, I generally take the rollers out when I first get out of bed and wrap my hair. Take Shower, get ready and once I am ready to walk out the doors the curls are perfect!:drunk:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
My mom bought me some the other day while I was home for Thanksgiving. She got them from CVS. They were so darned expensive though. They were like $12.99 for a pack of 36, all different sizes, and I forget the brand. I haven't used them yet though.

Sunshine_One

I have the Goody Brand and I love them. I purchased them from CVS and they come in 3 diff sizes.

However, I saw SILK covered sponge rollers featured in the NOV issue of Essence.

They were created by Kimberly Kimble.

http://www.kimblehaircare.com/

They are a lil pricey but I may invest in them at some point. The silk covers the entire roller.

You can view the rollers on her site under Products then click on Nighttime Silk Wear Treatment.

HTH

ms*x

I use the Hype Hair ones to maintain my rollerset when I want to keep it curly. I just replace the magnetic rollers with these (I got that from TSUPrincess --- gotta give credit where it's due). I love them.
great idea...why didn't i think of that? those rollers have just been sitting stored since i started magneticking. DUH!!!:wallbash:

HoneyDew

I have the Goody Brand and I love them. I purchased them from CVS and they come in 3 diff sizes.

However, I saw SILK covered sponge rollers featured in the NOV issue of Essence.

They are a lil pricey but I may invest in them at some point. The silk covers the entire roller.

You can view the rollers on her site under Products then click on Nighttime Silk Wear Treatment.

HTH

Wow! I really like these. But $45 for a dozen?!? :nono: I don't think I would ever spring for those.

Sunshine_One

Wow! I really like these. But $45 for a dozen?!? :nono: I don't think I would ever spring for those.

Honeydew...I thought you would. They are nice looking. The pic on the site doesn't do them justice. The pic in Essence...was better quality....when I saw them I was :love2:. Until I saw the price....:ohwell: LOL

Dearlove

I love these things! I got mine from texas beauty supply on line. I bought the biggest size they offer. Don't roll too tightly and you won't get that ol' skool crimp in your curl.

HoneyDew

Honeydew...I thought you would. They are nice looking. The pic on the site doesn't do them justice. The pic in Essence...was better quality....when I saw them I was :love2:. Until I saw the price....:ohwell: LOL

That's it! I want these rollers.

After rolling my hair tonight, I realize how frustrating these cheap satin covered freaking rollers can get. :wallbash:

After a while the "satin" unravels and/or the actual roller breaks or falls apart. I have to keep buying them every few months.

I wonder if the nicer ones will last longer.

RosesBlack

Do satin rollers work well to keep a curly set less frizzy? These kind of rollers I can actually work but the foam ones make my hair super fluffy.

Can you do a regular roller set with these? If so DAYUM someone is gettin these and rollersetting this weekend.

HoneyDew

HTH

DANG! You snooze you lose on the board! These rollers were in stock when I check the day you posted about them. I went back today and the LARGE size is OUT OF STOCK! Ladies on here DO NOT play. That's what I get for being cheap. :nono:

Nola Darling

HTH

Ohhh! Your hair looks the bomb in your siggy pic! *Taking notes*

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Trufully,

I believe that the satin rollers are more for maintaining a set nightly then for a regular wet roller set. When I was using the satin rollers I only used them after my wet roller set and only on dry hair.

Do satin rollers work well to keep a curly set less frizzy? These kind of rollers I can actually work but the foam ones make my hair super fluffy.

Can you do a regular roller set with these? If so DAYUM someone is gettin these and rollersetting this weekend.

scorpian

I have them..i get them from Walmart and from the asian BSS...Like HoneyDew said they do unravel after a while but I get a few packs and they are good for an few months then I buy more.

My daughter has a press n' curl so I bought them for her to use at night to sleep in...she says that they are comfortable. They keep her curls looking good for her ponytails and bangs.

MizzBrown

Bumping...

And wanted to know how yall care for the satin rollers? Can you wash them? Does the satin ever get dirty from all the product/oil buildup from usage?

I have to regularly clean my snap-on rollers because of the oil and buildup that accumulates on them after doing almost daily dry sets.

TIA!

HoneyDew

Bumping...

And wanted to know how yall care for the satin rollers? Can you wash them? Does the satin ever get dirty from all the product/oil buildup from usage?

I have to regularly clean my snap-on rollers because of the oil and buildup that accumulates on them after doing almost daily dry sets.

TIA!

:lachen: I am laughing because I just took mine out of the dryer tonight!

I put them in one of those mesh washing machine bags you use for delicates and way those bad boys right in the machine. Dry them in the dryer, too. Good as new! (make sure you fasten them first so you won't have to slip the satin back on.)

MizzBrown

:lachen: I am laughing because I just took mine out of the dryer tonight!

I put them in one of those mesh washing machine bags you use for delicates and way those bad boys right in the machine. Dry them in the dryer, too. Good as new! (make sure you fasten them first so you won't have to slip the satin back on.)

Oh good, thanks! That is ironic you were JUST washing them. I plan to pick up some tomorrow at Wal-mart and throw away my sponge/foam rollers that rip my hair out and takes ALL the moisture away.

HoneyDew

Oh good, thanks! That is ironic you were JUST washing them. I plan to pick up some tomorrow at Wal-mart and throw away my sponge/foam rollers that rip my hair out and takes ALL the moisture away.

These satin covered ones have been such a blessing for me as far as helping my hair soak in the moisture i apply at night and alo helping me maintain the style I want.