Satin bonnet Recommendations

chayil0427

Hey Ladies

I'm in a search for a satin bonnet that will stay on all night. I thought I had a good one. Then, for some reason, it became stretched out and stopped staying on. :confused: Now I've got it rigged with a bobby pin. :lol: I don't like to tie my hair with scarfs or wrap it. Anyone found a bonnet that in it for the long haul, and, if so, where can I find it?

Chayil

KiniKakes

Good post..... because every satin bonnet (aka "Strawberry Shortcake Hat, as one ex-BF used to call it) i've ever owned becomes rather stretched and baggy over time. :lol: So bring on the recommendations, ladies!

krissyprissy

I have a drawstring on that I found at my local bbs. It's safer that the elastic ones that can rub your hair off. Try Sally's they have some too.

PaperClip

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
I stopped using my silk scarf because it made my curls flat, I started using my bonnett and my curls would last (sometimes)

Oohh... ok.... So you don't roll up your hair at night? (You're making me flashback to my relaxer days. My mother TRAINED me to roll that hair up EVERY NIGHT, no matter how sleepy or drunk you get! :eek: :lachen: I don't drink, though.)

Anyhow.... that's all I got.... Sorry I couldn't be of more service to you. I hope you find a solution.

RelaxerRehab said:
Oohh... ok.... So you don't roll up your hair at night? (You're making me flashback to my relaxer days. My mother TRAINED me to roll that hair up EVERY NIGHT, no matter how sleepy or drunk you get! :eek: :lachen: I don't drink, though.)

Anyhow.... that's all I got.... Sorry I couldn't be of more service to you. I hope you find a solution.

Nope, I tried too many different rollers and spent too much money.

I didn't start the thread, I was just commenting on why I don't use satin scarves.......LOL, but thanks for your response:D

PaperClip

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Nope, I tried too many different rollers and spent too much money.

I didn't start the thread, I was just commenting on why I don't use satin scarves.......LOL, but thanks for your response:D

Oops! Ok.... :)

DAX

KrissyPrissy,

What brand is the satin drawstring bonnet that you have? I went to Sallys in my area and they don't carry drawstring bonnets.

Oh, let me say that you hair is awesome.

Tee

I use a drawstring cap also. I have the other caps/bonnets but they always come loose elasticity over time.

krissyprissy

DAX said:
KrissyPrissy,

What brand is the satin drawstring bonnet that you have? I went to Sallys in my area and they don't carry drawstring bonnets.

Oh, let me say that you hair is awesome.

Thanks!!
I got mine at my local bss and it was generic.

chayil0427

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
I stopped using my silk scarf because it made my curls flat, I started using my bonnett and my curls would last (sometimes)

I've found that scarfs leave my hair flat, and I was getting a lot of drying and thinning in my nape on one side from wrapping so I prefer the bonnet.

krissyprissy

I was some drawstring bonnets at Wal-Mart. I dont remember the brand but it had a picture of a black woman on it. I think it was Grow Magic or something?

Tee

TSUprincess04 said:
I recommend you guys visit http://www.tenderheaded.com I ordered a 100% silk scarf and a 100% silk bonnet from them. They're both great, and I got my order in only a few days. I have pics of them in my fotki.

you are helping me stay a PJ. :lol: I think I want to try out their bonnet.

hairspan

I also use the one at walmart, the satin cap comes with a conditioner in it and they are cheap, I have about 3.

comike

TSUprincess04 said:
I recommend you guys visit http://www.tenderheaded.com I ordered a 100% silk scarf and a 100% silk bonnet from them. They're both great, and I got my order in only a few days. I have pics of them in my fotki.

This has nothing to do with this thread but in looking through your fotki I noticed that you are a fan of The Body Shop Body Butters. I love body butter. I've been using the Brazilian Nut and Mango for years now, but I see that you've tried a few others that I have not. Which one is your favorite? Is the coconut pretty good?

CreoleBelle

comike said:
This has nothing to do with this thread but in looking through your fotki I noticed that you are a fan of The Body Shop Body Butters. I love body butter. I've been using the Brazilian Nut and Mango for years now, but I see that you've tried a few others that I have not. Which one is your favorite? Is the coconut pretty good?

I know you didn't ask me but I'm big on The Body Shop's body butter. Their olive body butter smells so fresh and invigorating. I would have never thought olive could smell so good. Their strawberry is heavenly. The coconut smells good as well. I'm about to order the new apple scent. I can't wait:D. Oh and the cocoa butter is good as well. On some people it smells like chocolate.

Last edited:

CreoleBelle

simone103 said:
I bought a lucy satin bonnet from this website: www.maverickwear.com

I second the lucy satin bonnet. I was hesitant to pay 12 bucks but I've been having it for a hot minute now, and all I can say is I love my LUCY!!! It doesn't smash my hair like other bonnets and keeps my hair from drying out as well.

comike

CreoleBelle said:
I know you didn't ask me but I'm big on The Body Shop's body butter. Their olive body butter smells so fresh and invigorating. I would have never thought olive could smell so good. Their strawberry is heavenly. The coconut smells good as well. I'm about to order the new apple scent. I can't wait:D. Oh and the cocoa cocoa butter is good as well. On some people it smells like chocolate.

Thanks CreoleBelle. My purpose in using the body butters is due to really dry skin especially in the winter. Do those that you mention work well for dry skin?

CreoleBelle

I have really dry skin and I find the the cocoa butter and olive are best for that. On the cocoa butter lid, it states that it's for dry skin. There's also a Vitamin E body butter. I haven't tried it yet but I do have their Vitamin E face moisturizer which is pretty good.