Sally's Gallon Conditioners

Angelicus

Sally\'s Gallon Conditioners

As yall probably heard, I lost my hair sugardaddy and have to *gasp* buy my own hair products! Since i am a poverty-stricken college senior, I am trying to save money.

On that note has anyone tried any of these cheap gallon conditioners by Sally's?

Salon Care Balsam Conditioner
Salon Care Honey & Almond Conditioner
Salon Care Feels Like New Creme Rinse
Zotos Acclaim Conditioner for All Hair Types
TRESemme 4+4 Balsam Conditioner
Cure Care Professional Hair & Skin Conditioner Gal

douglala

Re: Sally\'s Gallon Conditioners

I tried Tresemme Balsam Conditioner, two words - HATED IT!!!
It did nothing for my hair. I had to follow up with another conditioner. I reccommend Suave Humectant. Or VO5 even though I have not personally used it, there are alot of raves on this board.

Angelicus

I do use Vo5 on a regular basis, but i did the math and the gallon ones are cheaper. I figured the Tresemme would suck, ugh i hated that one on my hair!

Any one else tried the cheap gallon conditioners?

blue_flower

I'm using the Honey and Almond gallon conditioner right now. I really like it because it gives a good slip and it smells wonderful. One thing about it though is that it contains protein. I've heard that using too much protein conditioner could dry out your hair or something like that, but I haven't experienced any problems. However, I still think it's good to rotate conditioners. <font color="purple"> </font> I've been using it for my conditioner washes almost everyday. I leave it on my hair for at least five minutes instead of the recommended one minute. I used to buy dozens of bottles of V05, but I decided to get the H&amp;A gallon because I thought it was more economical. I'm on the no-product challenge until next month, so I still have enough conditioner to last me until the end of this month.

Angelicus

Yea i planned on rotating the gallon conditioner with my *doing the Dr. Evil pinky pose* VO5 fruity conditioners. thank you for your review Blueflower!

When I run out of products im going to take that treck to sallys (its my exercise).

bellydancer

I stocked up on Lustrasilk Cholesterol when Sally had that 99 cent sale. It's like a 20 ounce jar for 99 cent. It's 2.19 on a regular though.

karezone

I think that I might get a gallon of the honey and almond I think that it is about $10 at my Sally's and if I get some smaller bottles to put it in, it should last me and entire semester.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
I stocked up on Lustrasilk Cholesterol when Sally had that 99 cent sale. It's like a 20 ounce jar for 99 cent. It's 2.19 on a regular though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did that too. I stocked up on the jebeire Shower combs also since my daughter thinks that all my products are her products, even when I buy her her own stuff.

bellydancer

[ QUOTE ]
ladydee36330 said:
[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I did that too. I stocked up on the jebeire Shower combs also since my daughter thinks that all my products are her products, even when I buy her her own stuff.

[/ QUOTE ] I need to get some of those combs. I start throwing temper tantrums when I can't find the only one wide tooth comb I have!

Angelicus

um... Back ot the conditioners please?

Karezone, the gallon conditioners now are on sale for $4.99. I may buy them today and will soon write a review on this thread.

TinyT

I can't wait to see what you think. I saw that they were on sale and wanted to get some too.

karezone

Thanks Anky. I will really appreciate the review being a broke college student and all.

Angelicus

UM... I CANT WAIT... I HAVE TO GO TRY THIS CONDITIONER FOR THE SAKE OF LHCF!!

licutiexx

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
um... Back ot the conditioners please?

Karezone, the gallon conditioners now are on sale for $4.99. I may buy them today and will soon write a review on this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
How long is the sale on for?

Angelicus

ok here's the review:

Brentwood Salon Care Honey &amp; Almond Conditioner (1 Gallon)
Reg Price: 8.99
Sale price: 4.99 ($0.03 per oz)

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Sterarlkonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Pure Almond Oil, Honey, Dicetyldimonium chloride, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Polymethoxy Bicyclic Oxazolidine. FD&amp;C Blue #1, FD&amp;C Red #4, FD&amp;C Yellow #5, FD&amp;C Red #33.

Smell: Smells pretty good to me!

What I did: I did not clarify before using this conditioner. I did a pretreatment of evoo before doing my co-wash. I put two handfuls of the conditioner in my hair and let it sit for a minute, then while rinsing it out under the shower, I used a wide-toothed comb. The slip wasn't perfect like LUST but it was effective enough to detangle my hair. I lost about six strands of hair while combing. my hair is also shinier but I believe that it is from my evoo pretreatment, not from the conditioner itself.

Please keep in mind that I do not comb my hair if I am not under the shower. I also do not comb it while its dry.

I'll give it a 7 out of 10.

I probably will buy this product again and switch it up as a daily conditioner with VO5. What works for one won't work for all. I'm not saying run quick to Sally's and buy the product. If it doesn't work for you, U have something extra to shave your legs with. It also works well as a lotion. Or add more oil or honey before adding to hair.

karezone

okay I am convinced. I will get a gallon this weekend. I am completely out of conditioner.

blue_flower

I ran out of my Honey and Almond conditioner sooner than I thought, so I'm off the Product Challenge. Yesterday I got a gallon Nature's Advantage Raspberry-Vanilla Conditioner and I'll post a review soon on that soon.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
Brentwood Salon Care Honey &amp; Almond Conditioner (1 Gallon)
Reg Price: 8.99
Sale price: 4.99 ($0.03 per oz)

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Sterarlkonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Pure Almond Oil, Honey, Dicetyldimonium chloride, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Polymethoxy Bicyclic Oxazolidine. FD&amp;C Blue #1, FD&amp;C Red #4, FD&amp;C Yellow #5, FD&amp;C Red #33.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if this is similiar to Lafier Honey and Almond Rinse (Dominican product). The ingredients to Lafier Honey and Almond Rinse are:

Water
Cetyl Alcohol
Cetrimonium Chloride
Citric Acid
Honey
Sweet Almond oil
Glutaral
FD&amp;C Brown N.3 (CI 20285)
Fragrance

Anky, do they sell this product in a smaller size or just a gallon size?

Angelicus

It's only in gallon size @ Sally's. BTW there are 2 formulas of the Honey and Almond conditioner. I did a review on the old formula. The new formula has more ingredients and has more honey than almond oil.