Rollersetters who use Topical Growth Aides

klb120475

I've noticed some breakage in the back from wearing pony tails and buns so I've decided to start wearing more rollersets. My question is for those who wear rollersets how do you apply your topical growth aides (BT, MTG, MN, etc.) so as not to mess up your rollerset?:confused:

gymfreak336

Well, after I am dry, I use my growth aides on each section as I take out the rollers. I use either hairobics oil or bt. I rub it on each part as I remove each roller. I let it soak in for around 5-10minutes before I comb out my curls.

klb120475

gymfreak336 said:
Well, after I am dry, I use my growth aides on each section as I take out the rollers. I use either hairobics oil or bt. I rub it on each part as I remove each roller. I let it soak in for around 5-10minutes before I comb out my curls.

How often do you reapply your topical growth aide?

lucy

I agree. ^ Im not too sure of your question, but if you mean should you apply it wet, I'd wait until it dries and then just apply to sections using the applicator tip and rub between the parts.

klb120475

lucy said:
I agree. ^ Im not too sure of your question, but if you mean should you apply it wet, I'd wait until it dries and then just apply to sections and rub between the parts.

I typically apply my BT daily then bun/or ponytail, but I'm wondering if I reapply the BT daily by rubbing between the rollerset parts if my hair will go flat from the oil (my hair is fine and barely holds a curl). Am I making sense?

preciousjewel76

klb120475 said:
I typically apply my BT daily then bun/or ponytail, but I'm wondering if I reapply the BT daily by rubbing between the rollerset parts if my hair will go flat from the oil (my hair is fine and barely holds a curl). Am I making sense?

It shouldn't, if you use a small amount. Try putting a little BT on your fingertips first, then rubbing it in along your parts.

lucy

klb120475 said:

oh ok. yea, just dont use too much and you should be fine. I think its only supposed to be applied to scalp, so your hair shouldnt be weighed down by it. Just put it on your fingertips as precious said, and you'll be fine.

I only got my first bottle two days ago, so I'm new to this as well... but so far its been fine. :)

klb120475

preciousjewel76 said:
It shouldn't, if you use a small amount. Try putting a little BT on your fingertips first, then rubbing it in along your parts.

Okay, I gotcha! Thank ya'll so much!:)

gymfreak336

klb120475 said:
How often do you reapply your topical growth aide?

I usually reapply it every two -three days. For example; If I wash on monday, then I apply it after my curls dry, reapply on wednesday, reapply thrusday, and wash friday. I like to apply alot of oil the night before I wash because it makes my newgrowth softer when I wash.

klb120475

gymfreak336 said:
I usually reapply it every two -three days. For example; If I wash on monday, then I apply it after my curls dry, reapply on wednesday, reapply thrusday, and wash friday. I like to apply alot of oil the night before I wash because it makes my newgrowth softer when I wash.

Thanks!!!:)