:::IF YOU DID IT WITHOUT GROWTH AIDES CHECK IN:::

I have MT (+ the cream rinse and rehydrator), BT, Bee Mine, Surge 14...all collecting dust. My cousin just had surgery and they had to shave half of her head. I'm giving her my collection. I reached my 1st goal of BSL in about a year and MBL in about 14 mos just by decreasing heat use, cowashing/dc's and protective styling. It doesn't have to be all intricate and difficult.

ITA. While they definitely work for some ladies they just aren't for me. I don't knock the ladies that use them though. I lack the discipline needed to be successful with that.

I haven't been here long and don't have much growth, and certainly haven't reached my goals , but I've gained and retained two inches since joining LHCF and getting my last relaxer three months ago...which is amazing for me, as I was getting .25 to .5 inches every two months. I think it's the Ayurveda, or maybe it's just knowing how to take care of my hair. LHCF is my growth aide! The other stuff sounds a little scary...

I started a thread I believe last year complaining how growth aids don't seem to work for me.:look:

It took at lot of patience but I am beginning to see the result finally.

I joined the board in Fall of 2006 and I am now at full BSL. I has taken a while but I am happy overall with my progress.

I'm on my 2nd month of mega-tek...and I don't have any negative effects but I am not necessarily "sold". I promised myself I would finish my 8 ounce color applicator bottle and then I think that's it for me (try to do it consistently for 3 months)...
I'll probably incorporate as a protein treatment but as my husband said on Sat..."men grow their hair longer than most women and they do nothing except occasionally wash it, why are you doing so much crap to your hair". I at first got offended but then I really started thinking it through and yea...no repurchase of MT (or any other growth aids) for me!

I'm on my 2nd month of mega-tek...and I don't have any negative effects but I am not necessarily "sold". I promised myself I would finish my 8 ounce color applicator bottle and then I think that's it for me (try to do it consistently for 3 months)...
I'll probably incorporate as a protein treatment but as my husband said on Sat..."men grow their hair longer than most women and they do nothing except occasionally wash it, why are you doing so much crap to your hair". I at first got offended but then I really started thinking it through and yea...no repurchase of MT (or any other growth aids) for me!

that's so true. :yep:

That's also related to testosterone levels.

But anyway, I don't believe in growth aids at all. Good diet, moderate exercise, and adequate sleep are all you need. Your hair will grow until you die, it really doesn't need much help.

I also believe that most of the things people are applying to their scalp to increase growth are going to cause negative health effects later on down the line. The fact that people get headaches and other ailments from using certain things is dangerous to me. Hair growing is just not that serious and I'm not that desperate.

Yeah, but men also aren't prone to using curling irons/flat irons, putting in pretty styles, etc...

ITA. While they definitely work for some ladies they just aren't for me. I don't knock the ladies that use them though. I lack the discipline needed to be successful with that.
That's what it is for me too. I look at progress pics like okay, I'm gonna stop playing and start using this stuff like I should and after 2 weeks its all over :spinning: Never fails, lol...

I am reeaaaalllly close to WL (about 1" away), and I've done it without growth aides. I think if your body is healthy, you will grow long, healthy hair.

I started a thread I believe last year complaining how growth aids don't seem to work for me.:look:

It took at lot of patience but I am beginning to see the result finally.

I joined the board in Fall of 2006 and I am now at full BSL. I has taken a while but I am happy overall with my progress.

Off point, but, I Love your avatar! SOOO FAB!

SAME HERE! I have been using it, but I haven't fallen in love with the results. $30 bucks a bottle is mucho dinero for me....so I am going to use up what I have and re-work my reggie.

I am reeaaaalllly close to WL (about 1" away), and I've done it without growth aides. I think if your body is healthy, you will grow long, healthy hair.

Hey!!!

You are about to hit my ultimate goal mark. How long did it take you, and at what length were you when you started?

Just noticed your siggy, no heat since 2005, wow! I thought I was doing something by only using it 4 maybe 5 times a year, lol...

:sekret: Okay, I just came in here to be nosey. I use my Indian oils and powders and Gro-Aut oil, I do believe they are all considered growth aids. I have gotten great results.:cowgirl::roadrunner:

:giggle: @ the horse and roadrunner. I think the Indian oils and powders have the extra benefit of growing hair...their main purpose is to create a healthy scalp environment that provides optimal hair growth. I thought. I guess I never really thought of them as growth aids; more like overall hair health improvers. Yes, improvers lol. Interesting...

:lachen::lachen: I was thinking the same Angeldoll :look:. I use the Indian Oils also but never considered them to be growth aides. Thanks Eisani for clearing that up :drunk:

Oh and to answer the question I have almost reached my goal without the use of growth aides~

I've made it to APL 2x in the past 4 years and am 3inches away from it a third time. The first 2 times i just washed weekly and moisturized daily this time for the most part I cowashed daily that's it

Back