*RINSES DAMAGING? Adore, Sebastian, etc..*

Kacie

I love Sebastian Colourshines, I still have a couple of bottles stocked up. Sally's Ion Semi-Permanent color is pretty good too. It was moisturizing but the color faded very quickly.

Clairol Texture/Tones and Jazzing gave me horrible dry tangled hair. I will never use those again.

Mrs.TheBronx

Hmmm - I apply outside the shower but I have a few towels around the sink to prevent staining - you may want to apply some vaseline around your hairline, ears because it will stain. The stylists like to use brushes but for me it was easier to use straight from the bottle..I would section my hair in four(s) like I am getting a relaxer. Make sure you have some gloves...

I was soooo mad that they discontinued my color "Black Cherry" that I have not tried the new formulations - sorry I can't compare...

Would you recommend trying to get someone to help do it.. i just dont want a red blood bath in my bathroom!!!!!!! :) i will try the new sebastians redred and see how that works.. i hope it shows. my hair is a medium brown, i know the reddissimo used to show great on my hair color. i hope i will get similar results!!!! we will see! lol i need some vaseline too so i dont have a red forehead! lol

sqzbly1908

Would you recommend trying to get someone to help do it.. i just dont want a red blood bath in my bathroom!!!!!!! :) i will try the new sebastians redred and see how that works.. i hope it shows. my hair is a medium brown, i know the reddissimo used to show great on my hair color. i hope i will get similar results!!!! we will see! lol i need some vaseline too so i dont have a red forehead! lol

If you don't feel confident doing it by yourself - maybe - but I don't think you will have a bloodbath:lachen:...just apply directly ---when I do one section I normally clip it up as I go...but the new Sebastian's seems a little thicker and not too runny- but I could be wrong...I think you will do just fine...

camilla

Rinses can not damage hair they do not penetrate the hair shaft so no damage is done to the cuticle they actually add a protective barrier to the hair sista slick did an article on it BUT my hair hated adore some of them have protien in them. Do a dc after. also they can not lighten hair unless peroxide is added they add shine and a slight highlight my next rinse will be Manic Panic i herd good things about it

Mrs.TheBronx

If you don't feel confident doing it by yourself - maybe - but I don't think you will have a bloodbath:lachen:...just apply directly ---when I do one section I normally clip it up as I go...but the new Sebastian's seems a little thicker and not too runny- but I could be wrong...I think you will do just fine...

Yes i heard that it was thicker than the previous one.

this is what i will do, please tell me if i am wrong or have my steps jacked up

1. shampoo (should i be using a clarifying shampoo, i usually use Dr. Bronners peppermint, is that too strong?)
2. condition
3. towel dry hair
4. apply color
5. plastic cap
6. hooded dryer for 45 min-1 hour
7. rinse color
8. shampoo
9. deep condition
10. rinse out and style

Is that right or am i jacked up??

Mrs.TheBronx

Rinses can not damage hair they do not penetrate the hair shaft so no damage is done to the cuticle they actually add a protective barrier to the hair sista slick did an article on it BUT my hair hated adore some of them have protien in them. Do a dc after. also they can not lighten hair unless peroxide is added they add shine and a slight highlight my next rinse will be Manic Panic i herd good things about it

Really, i have never heard of that brand, i will be trying the sebastians new line this time, we shall see. lol Thanks for the info!!!! :)

Mrs.TheBronx

:bump::bump:

For this:

1. shampoo (should i be using a clarifying shampoo, i usually use Dr. Bronners peppermint, is that too strong?)
2. condition
3. towel dry hair
4. apply color
5. plastic cap
7. rinse color
8. shampoo
9. deep condition
10. rinse out and style

Is that right or am i jacked up?

ceebee3

How often can you apply a rinse? I deep condition every week and the last rinse I had only lasted two weeks before the color faded and my grays reappeared.

PinkPebbles

Last month I went to a Dominican Salon for a semi-permanent. She used Alter Ego Semi-Permanent....I loved the results and ingredients. I will definitely use it again.

Mrs.TheBronx

How often can you apply a rinse? I deep condition every week and the last rinse I had only lasted two weeks before the color faded and my grays reappeared.

Please list the process you use to color rinse your hair?? step by step, im planning to try this this week.

sqzbly1908

Yes i heard that it was thicker than the previous one.

2. condition
3. towel dry hair
4. apply color
5. plastic cap
7. rinse color
8. shampoo
9. deep condition
10. rinse out and style

Is that right or am i jacked up??

That's it - :grin::grin: - Mind you this is what I did based on the instructions on the older Sebastian's ...is that is what is on their newer version?

Tyra

Mrs.TheBronx

Thanks sooooo much for asking this question. I have had cold black hair naturally for years and when relaxers started to strip my hair I started rinsing it black. Now after wanting to grow it out long and healthy I was wondering if there was anything beside Henna that would color me without compromising my progress so far. Good looking out. I finally found a place here in B-more that does henna but I'm a little reluctant as I'm not thrilled with the idea of not knowing for sure how the color of the henna will turn out on my hair. I'm going to be watching this thread closely. Thanx again!

Mrs.TheBronx

That's it - :grin::grin: - Mind you this is what I did based on the instructions on the older Sebastian's ...is that is what is on their newer version?

I haven't brought it yet, that was just a combo of what i read on other threads to do, thats why i didn't know if it was correct or not.. so i should be all good following this right sqzbly??? LOL imma come get ya if it aint right!! LMBO!! :lachen:

And the clarifying shampoo or moistrizing shampoo should i use?
dont want the color to come right out!! :(

Mrs.TheBronx

Mrs.TheBronx

Thanks sooooo much for asking this question. I have had cold black hair naturally for years and when relaxers started to strip my hair I started rinsing it black. Now after wanting to grow it out long and healthy I was wondering if there was anything beside Henna that would color me without compromising my progress so far. Good looking out. I finally found a place here in B-more that does henna but I'm a little reluctant as I'm not thrilled with the idea of not knowing for sure how the color of the henna will turn out on my hair. I'm going to be watching this thread closely. Thanx again!

Welcome.. I am still trying to squeeze some answers out of folks here. lol :grin:

dynamic1

:bump::bump:

For this:

2. condition
3. towel dry hair
4. apply color
5. plastic cap
7. rinse color
8. shampoo
9. deep condition
10. rinse out and style

Is that right or am i jacked up?

I never deep conditioned after my rinses and I do not recall if my stylist did either. However, Porosity Control or the one by Wella ( I forget the name) mixed with (or just before) my conditioner seemed to do the trick.

dynamic1

This thread makes me want to rinse my hair right now. Good luck OP, I am sure it will turn out great.

Mrs.TheBronx

I never deep conditioned after my rinses and I do not recall if my stylist did either. However, Porosity Control or the one by Wella ( I forget the name) mixed with (or just before) my conditioner seemed to do the trick.

okay so regular condioner will do the trick then! :) i will deep condition before i add the color rinse. that maybe better then after the rinse. after the clor rinse, i will just do a quick co-wash and call it a day. :) hows that?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
When I was using the old formula of Sebastrian color rinses they made my hair very dry. I think they have some protein in them because even though I used moisture with them, my hair always still came out fried looking.

jreagins

o yeah i remeber a thread about mixing rinses with conditioner! i think it was just the clear jf color glaze though, not sure about colored rinses

dynamic1

o yeah i remeber a thread about mixing rinses with conditioner! i think it was just the clear jf color glaze though, not sure about colored rinses

Interesting, but I was referring to the porosity corrector, Porosity Control or the porosity corrector by Wella ( I forgot the name).

dynamic1

going to Google it.. BRB. lol

I searched a prior post and it is Wella Regenal. I prefer porosity control, but the Regenal is less expensive. ETA: it always gave me bettter slip, less stiffness, than conditioner alone.

Disclaimer: I have not done this for 2 years, but my hair was in good shape at the time.

Last edited:

Mrs.TheBronx

I searched a prior post and it is Wella Regenal. I prefer porosity control, but the Regenal is less expensive. ETA: it always gave me bettter slip, less stiffness, than conditioner alone.

Disclaimer: I have not done this for 2 years, but my hair was in good shape at the time.

Thank you!! thats awesome!!