*RINSES DAMAGING? Adore, Sebastian, etc..*

Mrs.TheBronx

I am interested in rinsing my hair. I used to use Sebastian Reddissimo until they discontinuted it.

Now sebastian has Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes Hair Color:

It has no ammonia, peroxide, or alcohol.
I have 100% natural hair.

WILL COLOR RINSES DAMAGE/ALTER MY HAIR TEXTURE?? :perplexed

Can anyone recommend a good rinse for natural hair that I can apply at home? I am interested in the REDS family.

Thanks!

shtow

they did for me!

Buuut my friend self relaxes and has beautiful hair. She dyes with sebastian and her natural color is dark brown but the color she uses is a bright blond color. It reaaaallly makes me want to use sebastian color. She is now SL (her hair has retained some length). Im sure if she joined, she could grow longer.

Mrs.TheBronx

they did for me!

Buuut my friend self relaxes and has beautiful hair. She dyes with sebastian and her natural color is dark brown but the color she uses is a bright blond color. It reaaaallly makes me want to use sebastian color. She is now SL (her hair has retained some length). Im sure if she joined, she could grow longer.

What kind of damage/altering did you notice?? Is your hair natural? :perplexed

WOW, yes im sure it would be healthier joining LHCF... mines is.:) Dont want to ruin all my hard work for some color tho.

Thanks!

Mrs.TheBronx

they did for me!

also, what kind you use that gave you the damage?

shtow

I used adore. I am relaxed. My hair was bleached as well so Im sure that was the major culprit. The issue is years ago I was going for red highlights so to maintain I would have to rinse using adore on the regular; otherwise, my hair would be pink and orange. I have stayed away from rinses...and bleach of course since lol

But you should be ok as long as you dont do it too often.

jreagins

IM TRANSITIONING BUT THE CLAIROL BEAUTIFUL RINSE (BRONZE BOTTLE) DID NO HARM AND THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO. BUT I CAN TELL IF I HADNT DC'D RIGHT AFTER I COULD HAVE HAD PROBLEMS. I NEED TO DO ANOTHER ONE.

gissellr78

I am interested in rinsing my hair. I used to use Sebastian Reddissimo until they discontinuted it.

Now sebastian has Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes Hair Color:

It has no ammonia, peroxide, or alcohol.
I have 100% natural hair.

WILL COLOR RINSES DAMAGE/ALTER MY HAIR TEXTURE?? :perplexed

Can anyone recommend a good rinse for natural hair that I can apply at home? I am interested in the REDS family.

Thanks!

I have been using sebastian for years..i use black cherry the old bottle and it keeps my hair shiny

Mrs.TheBronx

I have been using sebastian for years..i use black cherry the old bottle and it keeps my hair shiny

Yes and i love the old ones, but they are discontinued for my beloved Reddissimo. A few people are selling it on Ebay but not too excited about getting some old product and paying way more than I used to pay a for a new one.. SO i was thinking about trying the new bottle its a new name for my reddissimo but it is supposed to be similar to it.

I just want to make sure my texture will not change, i have never had a rinse on my natural hair, but used to always do it when i was relaxed. HELP... :( please soothe my fears... BUT i can handle the truth.. lol

Mrs.TheBronx

IM TRANSITIONING BUT THE CLAIROL BEAUTIFUL RINSE (BRONZE BOTTLE) DID NO HARM AND THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO. BUT I CAN TELL IF I HADNT DC'D RIGHT AFTER I COULD HAVE HAD PROBLEMS. I NEED TO DO ANOTHER ONE.

I will keep in mind about the DCing right after.. was it real hard?

disgtgyal

Not tryna hijack the thread but I've been looking at the new sebastian colors and I can't find any blue- black color. Did they discontinue that color

jreagins

NO. IT JUST FELT LIKE REALLY REALLY DRY. NOT HARD AT ALL THOUGH. I WAS INITIALLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING COLOR SHOWERS THOUGH IT SEEMS WONDERFUL!

gymfreak336

Yes and i love the old ones, but they are discontinued for my beloved Reddissimo. A few people are selling it on Ebay but not too excited about getting some old product and paying way more than I used to pay a for a new one.. SO i was thinking about trying the new bottle its a new name for my reddissimo but it is supposed to be similar to it.

I just want to make sure my texture will not change, i have never had a rinse on my natural hair, but used to always do it when i was relaxed. HELP... :( please soothe my fears... BUT i can handle the truth.. lol

Reddissimo is still there. Its packaged under Red Red.

Mrs.TheBronx

NO. IT JUST FELT LIKE REALLY REALLY DRY. NOT HARD AT ALL THOUGH. I WAS INITIALLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING COLOR SHOWERS THOUGH IT SEEMS WONDERFUL!

wont the color come out faster if u DC after tho?
Can someone explain their process from shampoo to end PLEASE.... :) with sugar on top?? lol

ladystar3

I just used a Sebastian rinse 5 weeks ago. I had the same exact fear you did -- that it would change my hair texture in some way. I also worried about shedding and just overall damage. (My hair is natural too.) But I went ahead and it did...and I'm so glad that I did! My hair just looks much healthier and shinier. My texture hasn't been changed in any way. The rinse just enhanced what was already there. Now I'm actually thinking about doing it every couple months. Since there are no harsh chemicals involved, you should be fine! Especially with Sebastian!!

chebaby

i've used adore for years and it did no damage to my hair. i was bleached blonde and then put red rinse in my hair for about 2 years. my hair was damaged but not because of the rinse. now the bleach has grown out and my hair is soooooooooo healthy and every once in a while i will use a black rinse by adore and i get zero damage.

sqzbly1908

wont the color come out faster if u DC after tho?
Can someone explain their process from shampoo to end PLEASE.... :) with sugar on top?? lol

Hey Friend - I am not for sure about the new formulations but I would shampoo, apply - I would leave it on about 15-30 minutes longer than the directions(just because) under the dryer...let it cool before I rinse - shampoo (normally use a shampoo for color treated hair) then condition with a moisturizing condish for about 5 minutes (i.e. Nexxus Humectress)

If you don't conditioner it will be hard and tangly...

I never had any issues with it damaging my hair - if anything it gave my hair more body...the worst that could happen is that the color fades ...

HTH

Mrs.TheBronx

I just used a Sebastian rinse 5 weeks ago. I had the same exact fear you did -- that it would change my hair texture in some way. I also worried about shedding and just overall damage. (My hair is natural too.) But I went ahead and it did...and I'm so glad that I did! My hair just looks much healthier and shinier. My texture hasn't been changed in any way. The rinse just enhanced what was already there. Now I'm actually thinking about doing it every couple months. Since there are no harsh chemicals involved, you should be fine! Especially with Sebastian!!

REALLY!!! Well this is very good news to me!!! :grin: what was your process?? please share.... :) did u shampoo>condition>deep condition>rinse out>color rinse>dryer-45 min or so>rinse out> shampoo> condition again? Do tell.. :) Thanks so much!

Mrs.TheBronx

i've used adore for years and it did no damage to my hair. i was bleached blonde and then put red rinse in my hair for about 2 years. my hair was damaged but not because of the rinse. now the bleach has grown out and my hair is soooooooooo healthy and every once in a while i will use a black rinse by adore and i get zero damage.

Another great report!! I want to get it today!!!!!!!!!! oh man!!! i miss my red hair, i just looked at some pics from 2002 and i miss it!!!

clever

You always give good advice about rinses.:yep:I'm doing mine tomorrow
Hey Friend - I am not for sure about the new formulations but I would shampoo, apply - I would leave it on about 15-30 minutes longer than the directions(just because) under the dryer...let it cool before I rinse - shampoo (normally use a shampoo for color treated hair) then condition with a moisturizing condish for about 5 minutes (i.e. Nexxus Humectress)

I never had any issues with it damaging my hair - if anything it gave my hair more body...the worst that could happen is that the color fades ...

HTH

Mrs.TheBronx

HTH

wonderful! Thanks! i need to follow a good process since i have never done it before! :) and when i did have red hair, i was at the domincan spot getting in done. so this will be my 1st time. :)

Do u all apply it in the shower because of the mess or outside of the shower?

Can anyone give me a comparion from the old sebastian to the new formula?

dynamic1

I was a frequent user of Sebastian Colourshines when I was relaxed, transitioning and natural (practically addicted to coffee bean). I never had any adverse effect on my hair. In fact, it served as a protective coating against the heat while flat ironing. The only thing I do not like about rinses is I can never get the base color to rinse all the way out. My natural hair color is between level 4 and 5 and it seems to lock in the base color for way too long.

I have also used the Beautiful Collection and Jazzing, way back when without issues.

Mrs.TheBronx

I was a frequent user of Sebastian Colourshines when I was relaxed, transitioning and natural (practically addicted to coffee bean). I never had any adverse effect on my hair. In fact, it served as a protective coating against the heat while flat ironing. The only thing I do not like about rinses is I can never get the base color to rinse all the way out. My natural hair color is between level 4 and 5 and it seems to lock in the base color for way too long.

I have also used the Beautiful Collection and Jazzing, way back when without issues.

Can you please explain the hair color level? never heard of the before?

and u are right about it staying in your hair.. i noticed with my reddissimo, it never rinsed out.. i always had the color until it was cut out when i went natural. but i didn't mind cause i really liked it.

Mrs.TheBronx

:bump: BUMPING FOR THIS:

Do u all apply it in the shower because of the mess or outside of the shower? Please let me know your process, and how to apply (fingers on brush) etc.?

sqzbly1908

:bump: BUMPING FOR THIS:

Do u all apply it in the shower because of the mess or outside of the shower? Please let me know your process, and how to apply (fingers on brush) etc.?

Hmmm - I apply outside the shower but I have a few towels around the sink to prevent staining - you may want to apply some vaseline around your hairline, ears because it will stain. The stylists like to use brushes but for me it was easier to use straight from the bottle..I would section my hair in four(s) like I am getting a relaxer. Make sure you have some gloves...

I was soooo mad that they discontinued my color "Black Cherry" that I have not tried the new formulations - sorry I can't compare...

dynamic1

Can you please explain the hair color level? never heard of the before?

and u are right about it staying in your hair.. i noticed with my reddissimo, it never rinsed out.. i always had the color until it was cut out when i went natural. but i didn't mind cause i really liked it.

Sorry for the late response. Color level is the level of darkness of your natural hair color. Level 1 is the darkest/black to level 10/blonde. You may see these numbers on hair color labels as well.

I have not used a rinse in a while, but I am currently growing out of baq henna and it is frustrating. Rinses were less damaging to my hair than henna.

gissellr78

i think sebastains are really gentle....They dont lighten the hair so i highly doubt that it has chemicals that will alter your texture

gissellr78

Hmmm - I apply outside the shower but I have a few towels around the sink to prevent staining - you may want to apply some vaseline around your hairline, ears because it will stain. The stylists like to use brushes but for me it was easier to use straight from the bottle..I would section my hair in four(s) like I am getting a relaxer. Make sure you have some gloves...

I was soooo mad that they discontinued my color "Black Cherry" that I have not tried the new formulations - sorry I can't compare...

I stocked up on black cherry :grin:

sqzbly1908

I stocked up on black cherry :grin:

:pyro:(lol - hatin' on tha cool)....

I still have some Redissimo...I wonder how long it will last... ...I may use it this weekend and mix it with my deep conditioner...I would mix it with Black Cherry...never used it alone, hope I don't look like this:couchfire: