Review of Silicon Mix and Anti-Sponge on Natural Hair

Nefertiti0906

Here's my review for those interested:

Hello,

Well, I washed my hair with Neutrogena's Anti Residue Shampoo and Deep conditioned overnight with the Silicon mix and a Dominican product made for this Dominican Hair dresser I sometime frequent (Tratamiento Capilar Natural De Clorifila). After rinsing, I applied the Anti-sponge, Lacio Lacio, and the Pantene setting lotion. My hair was roller set. Then it was flat ironed with a Chi iron and pure dimethocone (my first Chi experience).

K, now these were the results, mind you that it's really humid where i'm at. My hair straightens easily so it was very straight, silky straight. The difference that I noticed was that if felt extra silky and soft. But I don't know if that was a direct effect from the Anti-Sedal, it could be any of the products, or it could have been the Chi. My hair got done on a monday and by Saturday Evening, it was still straight and soft. But my roots where frizzing and started getting a bit poofy, my hair was still extremely soft. Oh another thing I noticed was that my ends were still very straight and soft; I didn't do anything different than I normally do to them, I just put Aveda's Anti-humectant pomade on them and then I roll it.

So in all, I don't know which product was the best product, it could have been a combination. But I do know the next time I straighten my hair, I'll use this method again.

Queenie

Where do you buy your silicon mix at? I am impressed with those results.

Does your hair normally frizz up quickly? How quickly?

Nefertiti0906

My hair normally frizzes up very quickly when it's very humid out, like on the second day, it's soft and the frizzies look like wavy/curly hair combed out and it's not cute :lol: (this is when it's straightened).

I actually got that batch of Silicon mix from a dominican hair salon in falls church, Lucy the dominican :confused: . She doesn't sell it normally, but I begged her to sell it to me, and i think it was slightly used, i was desperate :look:

Queenie said:
Where do you buy your silicon mix at? I am impressed with those results.

Does your hair normally frizz up quickly? How quickly?

Queenie

Nefertiti0906 said:
My hair normally frizzes up very quickly when it's very humid out, like on the second day, it's soft and the frizzies look like wavy/curly hair combed out and it's not cute :lol: (this is when it's straightened).

I actually got that batch of Silicon mix from a dominican hair salon in falls church, Lucy the dominican :confused: . She doesn't sell it normally, but I begged her to sell it to me, and i think it was slightly used, i was desperate :look:

Oh, that's terrible. :( I think I've seen her website. I live in Falls Church too. Man, she's probably a neighbor.

Nefertiti0906

Yeah, I got it from a store called BodyOlogy based in Huntsville, Alabama ( but the owner has a website www.Bodyologycare.com), I don't know if the owner sells it (the dimethicone) on line, but I special ordered it from her. I started using it this year, everytime I straighten my hair, instead of grease. I like the results, to me, it's like using BioSilk, but without the alcohol and filler ingredients, so my hair is always very shiny and smooth. But because it's pure dimethicone, I make sure I clarify my hair after I use it.

fletgee said:
You used pure dimethocone on your hair? Where did you get it and how do you use it?