revamping my regimine and need some advice

longhairluva

I have come to the conclusion that my hair does not like proteins all that much so I want to revamp my regimine and use as least proteins as possible. My hair is almost APL and I am trying to make brastrap by the end of the year. Please let me know if I should change anything.:)

Week one: Shampoo w/ nexxus therapee or motions moisturizing poo
Condition with panteen moisturing conditioner.

Week Two: Shampoo w/ nexxus therapee or motions moisturizing poo
Deep condition with keracare humecto(tub)/evoo/jbco/coconut oil/vitaka oil

leave-ins-distilled water and s-curl and nexxus humectress on ends daily

Every three weeks or so I will dc with keracare and ors mayo for a little protien
One week before or after relaxer I will use nexxuss emergencee or Elasta qp anti-breakage.

This is very simple and I want to see if this will work. My hair gets very brittle and dry when I use a lot of proteins and I know a lot of things have small amounts of proteins in them. Do you think this simple regimine is good enough ladies?

Last edited:

longhairluva

Thanks.:) I hope it works out well for me. My hair has kind of stalled in the past few months and it has gotten very brittle and dry.

preciousjewel76

Sounds like it should work. I wish I could say more, but unlike your hair, my hair LOVES protein!:lol: Almost everything I use has a little protein in it.

preciousjewel76

longhairluva said:
Do anyone know of a good moisturizing leavin that has little or no protein at all?

You could try some of the Qhemet Biologics products. The Sidr Tree Butter Balm and Olive Cream Conditioner & Detangler are great leave-ins.

longhairluva

preciousjewel76 said:
You could try some of the Qhemet Biologics products. The Sidr Tree Butter Balm and Olive Cream Conditioner & Detangler are great leave-ins.

Is this a professional product or can I get it at sally's or my local bss?

preciousjewel76

longhairluva said:
Is this a professional product or can I get it at sally's or my local bss?

They can only be ordered online:
http://qhemetbiologics.com/index.php

As far as moisturizing leave-ins, you can try Nexxus Humectress conditioner, it can also be used as a leave-in. I love Giovanni Direct (can buy this at Vitamin Shoppe or health food stores), but I think it has a little protein in it.