Repairing Hair and Scalp Damage from Relaxers

Isis

This article suggests using Folligen Lotion on the scalp for 3-4 days after relaxing to restore scalp health. Has anyone tried this? It also suggests using Emu oil (I know Sterry highly recommends this). There is a LOT of good, important information on this site for our hair

http://www.folligen.com/relaxers.html

Here is a quote:
[ QUOTE ]
Folligen Lotion and Folligen Spray are used to restore scalp health after dyes, permanent waving and hair straighteners. The chemicals used for these purposes can be very damaging to the scalp and hair follicle. If damage is not repaired, eventually, these procedures can cause hair thinning and hair loss. Many women have reported that the use of Folligen Lotion after these procedures results in a much healthier looking hair and there is less hair shedding. Rub Folligen Lotion into your scalp at nighttime for the next 3 - 4 days to help restore scalp health.

In cases where hair health has been severely damaged and much hair has been lost, it may take several months of Folligen treatments to recover hair growth, but hair health can usually be restored.

Emu Oil may also help

Within the past year, many of our customers have reported that the combination of Folligen's copper-peptides and emu oil often produce drastic reductions in hair loss and increased hair growth. Although emu oil is used by many for reducing hair loss in various parts of the world,  in the USA, FDA regulations discourage the marketing of emu oil for hair restoration. Recently, Dr. Michael Holick (Boston University Medical Center)  reported a clinical study that found emu oil accelerated skin regeneration and also stimulated hair growth. He wrote -"The hair follicles were more robust, the skin thickness was remarkably increased...Also, we discovered in the same test that over 80 percent of hair follicles that had been 'asleep' were awakened, and began growing hair".

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, you may want to read the following article for important info, how-to's and advice about relaxing our hair:

The Truth About Hair Relaxers by Cassia McClaine
http://www.skinbiology.com/truthabouthairrelaxers.html

Isis

So have any of you ladies used Folligen Lotion on your scalp after relaxing? If so, what have been your results?

SherryLove

sounds interesting... i truly believe the herbal ingredients and botanicals (aloe for one), and essential oils in the shampoos and conditioners and oils formulations i use help to keep my scalp healthy at all times...

SherryLove

sounds interesting... i truly believe the herbal ingredients and botanicals (aloe for one), and essential oils in the shampoos and conditioners and oils formulations i use help to keep my scalp healthy at all times...