Removal of Microbraids

iwantlonghair2

Hi
I'm new to this board. It's amazing how informative you guys are, I have learned so many things on how to take care of my hair. Now i have had these microbraids in for about 2 months now, and I'm taking them out. Does anyone know an easy way to take them out?
I've been on my head for about 5 hrs. now ,and it seems I have gotten nowhere

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much
P.S. I did a search but couldn't find anything

Peachtree

Hi Iwantlonghair2

Welcome to the board.

Well dear, I've never worn braids before, so I haven't a clue how to remove them. But, hopefully, someone will get in here with a reply soon

KinksnCurlz

I've had microbraids before and unfortunately, I don't have a quick fix for ya other than starting from the middle and combing your own hair before u finish your whole head. you'll thank me for that later ;-)

Integrity

i think you an get produts to help you take them out. called unbraid. whatever you do, take your time. i always thought at the bak of my mid a hot oil treatment befroe hand will loosen the braids and make them slip out?

londongirl3

I don't know if your's are the pull and untwist ones. They would have twisted the bottom so that you can just untwist and pull.

Like Pandora said, You need patience as well. Try getting someone to help you.

Good luck (hope you deep conditioned before taking down because the hair is much softer and less brittle if you did)