Remember SoftSheen Carson Breakthru? Do you know of anything comparable?

lalalarisky

So I used to use SoftSheen Carson Breakthru Everyday Styling lotion and my hair simply loved it. Unfortunately it was discontinued a couple years ago. I used to be able to find it on the web, but those days are gone (can't find it anywhere! :nono:) and I'm now forced to find a new moisturizer. I've tried a couple but nothing that my hair has loved as much as Breakthru. Are there any ladies out there who used to use Breakthru lotion with good results and have now switched to a product that moisturizes just as well? If so I'd love to know! Thanks!

Yes I remember Break-Thru but I didn't use the moisturizer I used the heat styling cream many many years ago. I went to look for the leave in a few weeks ago and I thought that it was renamed or replaced by Softsheen Optimum Care Anti-Breakage Therapy, so I got the Ultimate Strengthener Leave-In from that line.

I still see the Breakthru products in my area at several BSS,I guess it depends on where you live.
I have only used the shampoo in the past,not the other products.
I will look for the lotion and pm you.

Thanks gadgetdiva! I tried that line awhile back and remember not thinking it worked the same, but to be honest it was a long time ago and god knows i wasn't paying attention to my hair at the time, so I think i might give it a try again.

Carisa, the first 5 ingredients are: Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum and Cetearyl Alcohol. That's all I could find (don't have an empty bottle around anymore). I know lots of lhcf ladies don't like mineral oil/pterolatum/glycerin, but my hair has never been as healthy and moisturized as it was when i used this stuff. the exact same ingredients are listed in the product gadgetdiva mentioned, so maybe my thinking it worked differently really is all in my mind.

labett, that would be wonderful! thank you thank you thank you! :)

Those ingredients sound like nexxus humectress (minus the petroleum, which you could easily add). The nexxus humectress with the silver top on it can be used as a leave in (i apply it to wet and dry hair)

Nexxus ingriedients- Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoyl Methane, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palamitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl 3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG 40, Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Red 4, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Red 33

I was just browsing on gmbshair.com and I think I saw this product line so I suppose even though it's been discontinued there's leftover stock available. I didn't use breakthru products regularly but I tried them and liked them coz they were very moisturizing.

Back