Relaxing in Sections

chellee

Not speaking of relaxing half of one's head at a time in one sitting but rather relaxing the parts of the head where hair grows faster more frequently than the rest. I am considering doing this. The middle and back of my hair grows almost double the speed of my sides, bangs and edges. I am wondering about the effects of relaxing the back half every 8 weeks and the rest every 12 weeks (or something like that). This will hopefully help with the thickness of my sides and edges. Please share your thoughts . . .

karezone

I don't know. If you can figure out a method of not getting relaxer on the rest of the hair, then great.

I am one of those people whose hair grows faster in the top than it does on the side.

chellee

I was just thinking of parting my hair from ear to ear, and doing it that way (back half every two months, front half every three months.

Just wondering . . .

mochamadness

Going the Distance
chellee said:
Not speaking of relaxing half of one's head at a time in one sitting but rather relaxing the parts of the head where hair grows faster more frequently than the rest. I am considering doing this. The middle and back of my hair grows almost double the speed of my sides, bangs and edges. I am wondering about the effects of relaxing the back half every 8 weeks and the rest every 12 weeks (or something like that). This will hopefully help with the thickness of my sides and edges. Please share your thoughts . . .

I relax my hair in sections, and it works fine for me.

chellee

There is hope! Mochamadness, what relaxer do you use? And would you mind sharing your technique, please? BTW, your hair is gorgeous!

mochamadness

Going the Distance
chellee said:
There is hope! Mochamadness, what relaxer do you use? And would you mind sharing your technique, please? BTW, your hair is gorgeous!

Thanks Chellee!! :) I use motions moisture relaxer in mild. My technique is pretty simple, I make a part from ear to ear, I then put the top section in a bun (the section that is not being relaxed). I then proceed to relax the back half of my hair. I work the relaxer thru and rinse out within 10 mins.