RELAXING EDGES ONLY!!!!

Hello everyone, I will be using a Just for Me Perm today to relax my front edges and a little on my sides,and I was wondering after I rinse out and apply my 2min reconstructor, Am i supposed to use the neutralizing shampoo on my whole head, or just my edges, and use my Keracare on the rest of my head.

I mean will the neutralizing shampoo damage any of my unrelaxed hair??

because im in a sew in,and I dont want to relax my whole head if its goin to be braided up. Im going to only relax the edges which are left out

Ladybug33

I have heard of a lot of people doing this "relaxing their edges". Heck my mom does it.

I don't think the neutralizing shampoo will effect your previously relaxed hair.

You should be fine.

Aviah

As it may not be clearly marked out where the relaxed edges end and the rest of your hair begins, it would be best to neutralize the whole head, concentrating on the edges you relaxed. Neutralizing shampoo should not damage the hair. I would rinse the relaxer out and shampoo the residue out of the hair fully before applying a two- minute reconstructor. Are you sure you want to relax your edges for a sew-in? Would you consider the scarf method to hold you until touch up? (if you are relaxed)

Yea,Ive been doing that for 2 months now and its getting out of control lol. And also,i was thinking that also,but when I read up on when to apply the mild protien, it said right after you fully rinse the relaxer out and before Neutralizing.

Anew

I just did this, no probs although it was underprocessed. Its been 4 months and I won't relax again until the end of July. So for the hair in the front I think I'll just press the roots..

Blessed_Angel

As it may not be clearly marked out where the relaxed edges end and the rest of your hair begins, it would be best to neutralize the whole head, concentrating on the edges you relaxed. Neutralizing shampoo should not damage the hair. I would rinse the relaxer out and shampoo the residue out of the hair fully before applying a two- minute reconstructor. Are you sure you want to relax your edges for a sew-in? Would you consider the scarf method to hold you until touch up? (if you are relaxed)

Yes, use the neutralizing poo before using any other product!! Use it atleast 3 times to be sure that you've rinsed out the product. You'll know when it's rinsed out when it comes out clear. When there's relaxer left in your hair, it will rinse out pink.

After that, you can use the reconstructor, followed by your moisturizing poo.

hmmm whats underprocessed?

Underprocessed is when the relaxer didn't fully relax the hair to it's desired "straight" setting. So, your hair wouldn't be as straight as you would like it to be and it may revert when water or sweat has touched the hair.