Relaxers that make coarse hair bone straight.

YuNg

I need a good relaxer recommendation for my girlfriend her hair is rather coarse. shes had individual braids in for about 2 months now she wants to relax her new growth. She used Profectiv's perm which made her hair softer but not bone straight.

lonei

I used to use the dark and lovely relaxer with nia long on the front. It was a good product because I had quite hard to straighten 4a/b hair iand it allowed for 25 minutes as opposed to 20. It straightened it well but the only problem as that it left me with bad dry scalp. I currently use ORS Olie oil which both straightens and softens, however this product is only allowed on for 20 minutes which may be insuffice if her hair does not take quick enough.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Elasta QP Relaxer- Regular Strength made my hair bone straight. Did your friend leave the relaxer in long enough? Also try Motions Relaxer Regular Strength

YuNg

but you're type three. shes definately a four she also needs a relaxer that causes minimum breakage.

BrEE

try motions or dark and lovely.they both got my hair straight and i didnt get breakage.

jainygirl

Revlon Regular Realistic (Professional) not the kit. Regular formula will get her hair straight
actually mild would get her hair straight with Revlon. I picked up the wrong tub of relaxer (i got a Mild instead of Regular) at the BSS today for my touchup and it came out just fine. i used it for the same time i use the regular 15-18 minutes from beginning to end and my hair "took" right away. I think the mild is actually stronger than the Regular (i know i mentioned this in another post about Relaxers..but i think it's true) Also, she needs to make sure she is smoothing properly. Improper smoothing will leave her hair looking or feeling underprocessed no matter how long she may leave it on. I dont think she should exceed 20 minutes though. HTH -- jainygirl

NapturalGlory

i hope she is relaxing only cuz she wants to relax and not because you are pressuring her into a certain bone straight image or anything.

i have the hair you describe as "coarse" and it broke off with just about every relaxer made by man. and my scalp would burn with crusty lil sores all over. i used "super" strength. i tried:

bantu
dark&lovely
tcb
motions
soft&beautiful
optimum
african pride

all in super strength and all were a brutal nightmare. i never used mild cuz even super left me with thick frizzy relaxed hair.

i don't recommend going for the bone straight look with "coarse" hair. i really recommend natural hair even if you prefer braid extensions. those burns are not worth the bone straight look.

jmho

YuNg

she's been getting perms she doesnt want to be natural. Its just that the last relaxer she used didnt do nothing to her hair except make it softer.

NapturalGlory

just pray her hair doesn't break cuz i've read some nightmarish posts about trying to re-relax the hair to "correct" underprocessed hair. hair either gets broken or cut off.