Need a strong relaxer to make hair bone straight

Britt

Hi !

My co worker has HELLA thick 4b hair. Her hair is so dense that the dermatologist said that her scalp has a hard time breathing :( . She asked me for a perm that will straighten her hair bone straight b/c she has a hard time getting it to relax (which I can see). What is a good recommendation for her? Her hair is VERY dense and THICK !!!!!

Thanks Ladies ;)

Lynnerie

I would try Silk Elements. My hair is very resistant and thats what I use. Its worked for me. They have Mild, Regular, and Super. When I went to the salon my stylist used Essations and that is good too. They are both Lye relaxers that I used but both companies make No-Lye as well. Do you know what type of relaxer your co-worker is using now? And does she have sensitive scalp? I'm sure more ladies will chime in but it would help to know whether she prefers Lye or No-lye. Good Luck!

sassy mamma

I think there is a relaxer named Cantu something that is suppose to be very good. There have been a couple threads on it.

JLove74

sassy mamma said:
I think there is a relaxer named Cantu something that is suppose to be very good. There have been a couple threads on it.

Do you mean Bantu? There is a very recent thread on this relaxer. Caution: Bantu is strong, so you gotta work quick if you're self relaxing...

HoneyDew

TCB naturals regular (not the new economy size) or TCB No-Mix No Lye regular both work for me in the time shown on the instruction sheet.

I have gotten underprocessed with:
Profectiv
Phyto II
Motions
Silk elements no-lye
Organic Root Stimulator
and others...

czyfaith77

cluelessaka said:
I would try Silk Elements. My hair is very resistant and thats what I use. Its worked for me. They have Mild, Regular, and Super. When I went to the salon my stylist used Essations and that is good too. They are both Lye relaxers that I used but both companies make No-Lye as well. Do you know what type of relaxer your co-worker is using now? And does she have sensitive scalp? I'm sure more ladies will chime in but it would help to know whether she prefers Lye or No-lye. Good Luck!

HANDS DOWN!!!! SILK ELEMENTS. I love this relaxer. I have thick coarse 4a/4b hair and this works marvelously on my hair. I use the lye relaxer for Coarse Hair. It leaves my hair like silk. It can be found at Sally's and I buy the 14 lb tub for $14.99. I am a strictly CON (green bottle) devotee but tonight I am trying the Silk Elements Shampoo and Conditioner because they are on sale this month and I am curious. IM and I can tell you how it worked or I can just come back here and tell you.

HighlyFavored1

IMO, Bantu is really strong... My hair isn't very resistant, and this left my hair stick straight. It was too much for my hair, but if hers is thick, maybe she can try it out.

HoneyDew

czyfaith77 said:
HANDS DOWN!!!! SILK ELEMENTS. I love this relaxer. I have thick coarse 4a/4b hair and this works marvelously on my hair. I use the lye relaxer for Coarse Hair. It leaves my hair like silk. It can be found at Sally's and I buy the 14 lb tub for $14.99. I am a strictly CON (green bottle) devotee but tonight I am trying the Silk Elements Shampoo and Conditioner because they are on sale this month and I am curious. IM and I can tell you how it worked or I can just come back here and tell you.

I can't wait to try the Silk Elements Lye! The no-lye did not do much for me. It was OK, but not live up to my expectations. I bought the smaller tub for $3.99 to give it a try.

KhandiB

Bantu will do it..
that is one that I KNOW will Mike Tyson some New growth
2 minutes flat :lol:

HoneyDew

KhandiB said:
Bantu will do it..
that is one that I KNOW will Mike Tyson some New growth
2 minutes flat :lol:

:hammer: :whip:

dang! I am NEVER going to try Bantu. I don't think I can apply it fast enough!

KhandiB

HoneyDew said:
:hammer: :whip:

dang! I am NEVER going to try Bantu. I don't think I can apply it fast enough!

:lol:

I used to use it in high school.. I mean if the Silk Elements Lye dont work out, then I will Bantu, but I will double base my scalp.. I usually dont base cuse Im afraid I will mess up and get some grease/vaseline/oil on some hair and underprocess it :lol:

Im relaxing Next Friday so.. Im so excited!!!

MizaniMami

KhandiB said:
:lol:

I used to use it in high school.. I mean if the Silk Elements Lye dont work out, then I will Bantu, but I will double base my scalp.. I usually dont base cuse Im afraid I will mess up and get some grease/vaseline/oil on some hair and underprocess it :lol:

Im relaxing Next Friday so.. Im so excited!!!

I must be her co-worker that she (OP) is talking about.

Some of my peices STILL came out underprocessed with Bantu:(

candita

i've learned that it's really different for everybody in terms of what relaxers do what for which person. Revlon and Phyto II gets my hair straight but Silk Elements lye burned like **** (use your imagination here) and did nada for my hair.