Relaxer people: how does your new growth look

Jewell

Wavy...I would say that it is medium textured, not really coarse, not fine either. We will see if that is the truth in a couple more months! :lol:

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Lately my nw growth has been coming in more wavy but not too long ago it would come in spirally...hmm I was wondering what made the difference in texture?? I like the wavy new growth much better.

qtgirl

tight s pattern though naturally it's a coil, but the relaxed hair stretches it a bit, it's also sometimes dry although MTG has really helped with that, but it looks like a cm and then when I relax it's like a 1/2 an inch because my shrinkage is B-A-N-A-N-A-S! :grin:

Jewell

Nice said:
Nappy and dry....enough new growth can break combs ;) !:lol:
About a year ago I broke a comb off in my hair trying to comb it out after taking out some braids. My boyfriend couldn't believe it. It was a pretty sturdy comb until it had to battle my new growth!

Cheleigh

I still have a lot more relaxer than natural--my natural is coming in very curly, thick, and frizzy. The strands are thin, but there are a lot of them, so they curl onto themselves (like ingrown hairs from hell) . I took pictures of the new growth (21 weeks post).

DangerouslyShy

Nice said:
Nappy and dry....enough new growth can break combs ;) !:lol:
same here girl...

Im a 4a...a little 3c in the nape, not enough to really mention it...its weird cause my nape is very soft and moist waves so maybe its a 2c...lol who knows...i dont even know if there is a 2c hair type...oh well...

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
The front is tight s waves and tight curls ( coffee stirrer) the middle, back, and sides are pencil size and slightly bigger curls. I guess that makes me a 4a/3c. Some spots (about the size of a quarter), below my ears on each side are dry and frizzy. Even when wet in the shower. I think this is scab hair. What do you think?

goldensugar23

My new growth has three different hair types....

My front hair line is 3b..which is easy to slick back with some oil.My rest of my hair is mixed 3c/4a and my new growth is wavy..and can get quite thick. :eek:

legz

shiny spirals or loose s-curls. after about 2 days after washing, my relaxed hair feels fine but my new growth feels gross and dirty.

katie

My new growth is thick and entirely 4b. It will roll into little balls (we used to call them channa growing up) in the back of my head if not combed out. I love playing in it.