New Growth Question...

Jaegermany

Okay...

I used to (before LHCF) relax more frequently than recommended and amazingly enough I still have hair!

Anywho Ive just started stretching (which is stretching for me but not by LHCF terms) Im entering my (dont laugh) 5th week. And I have new growth but its wavy. Like when I wear my bun my hair looks very wavy in the front where its slicked down. Im not really having as many issues handling my new growth as people mentioned here. I have .5. Is it because its not that much>

When I had my short cut the shorter it was the wavier and curlier it was it would be like the front is straight and curled or whatever and I had like finger waves in the back..??

I say I have 4 a/b is this not so?

Could this mean that I could relatively be a easy transitioner if I so choose?:ohwell:

Please respond. Gracias

Jaegermany said:
Okay...

I used to (before LHCF) relax more frequently than recommended and amazingly enough I still have hair!

Anywho Ive just started stretching (which is stretching for me but not by LHCF terms) Im entering my (dont laugh) 5th week. And I have new growth but its wavy. Like when I wear my bun my hair looks very wavy in the front where its slicked down. Im not really having as many issues handling my new growth as people mentioned here. I have .5. Is it because its not that much>

When I had my short cut the shorter it was the wavier and curlier it was it would be like the front is straight and curled or whatever and I had like finger waves in the back..??

I say I have 4 a/b is this not so?

Could this mean that I could relatively be a easy transitioner if I so choose?:ohwell:

Please respond. Gracias

it may be because you are just into week 5. the longer you go it may get a little more challenging but everyone is different!.. I know the longer I stretch ...watch out! I have to really baby my new growth and keep it moisturized... because of where the two textures meet(relaxed and new growth)

@ InnerSoul..and maybe thats the other thing I wash/condition every 3 days and I baggy everyday, recently started BT prior it was MTG..

Some washed I focus on protein others moisture

Maybe its what Ive been doing?

I'm 19 weeks post relaxer.
At first it was hard, but now
my new growth is easy to manage.
I don't know if it's the texture that
changed... I think it's more of
me knowing and learning how to
manage it and the line of difference.
I'm definitely somewhere
in the 3s (my natural hair is like
Amel Larrieux's) but my relaxed
hair is so overprocessed it feels
in the 5s :D :grin::lachen:
but I just pour a bottle of conditioner
on it and I'm good to go.

I thought I was in the 4s but
now that I'm almost 5 months
post... I can see 2 inches of my natural hair
and I think it will be easy for
me to transition... give it 6 months
then see if you feel like transitioning...

Last edited:
Jaegermany said:
@ InnerSoul..and maybe thats the other thing I wash/condition every 3 days and I baggy everyday, recently started BT prior it was MTG..

Some washed I focus on protein others moisture

Maybe its what Ive been doing?

yep! I do find that by also washing my hair 2x per week it does keep my new growth soft! though I haven't done the baggying thing yet:)

SouthernTease said:
I'm 19 weeks post relaxer.
At first it was hard, but now
my new growth is easy to manage.
I don't know if it's the texture that
changed... I think it's more of
me knowing and learning how to
manage it and the line of difference.
I'm definitely somewhere
in the 3s (my natural hair is like
Amel Larrieux's) but my relaxed
hair is so overprocessed it feels
in the 5s :D :grin::lachen:
but I just pour a bottle of conditioner
on it and I'm good to go.

I thought I was in the 4s but
now that I'm almost 5 months
post... I can see 2 inches of my natural hair
and I think it will be easy for
me to transition... give it 6 months
then see if you feel like transitioning...

LOL at the bolded:lachen: :lachen:

@ Southern....

Im dying to see your progress pics to see how your transitioning. I think I probably could transition but Im so used to relaxing I get the urge based on habit alone. I think Im going to try to go as long as I can..

How Im going to force myself is to keep using BT since you have to wait a few days in between. That way I have a few days to rethink it....

Back