Relaxer after braids?

naija24

Okay, I know i'm new to my hair journey, whatever, but Rihanna and Halle Berry look fab with short hair and i want the same look. if i could achieve it via natural hair, i would, but i don't think it'd last.

so! i am in braids and i'm in the process of taking it out, maybe next week when it will be a full month. do i *really* have to wait a 1-3 weeks before getting a relaxer? i'm natural now so my hair is pretty strong. and it's only been in braids for a week. is it really that serious?

I had my last relaxer on Dec 5, 2012. I think I have enough hair to minic the style in the attached picture. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Halle-Berry-hair-styles.jpg
    Halle-Berry-hair-styles.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 4

hnntrr

I think you do need to give your hair a rest between. Relaxers are so harsh there could be un wanted breakage...but there are other ladies who DEF know the answer to this, so bumping for them...

naija24

I kind of need to know this now lol. i'm tempted to relax it after work tomorrow :O i don't know what i was thinking cutting my hair. i thought i'd like it cuz i did so in the past but i just don't feel feminine.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I agree I would wait to relax. Just curious, why did u go natural? When u relax, what relaxer r u going to use? Are u sure u want to relax ur hair again?

I would probably wait about a month or 2. How long did u have ur braids in?

Sorry for all the questions:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

naija24

I agree I would wait to relax. Just curious, why did u go natural? When u relax, what relaxer r u going to use? Are u sure u want to relax ur hair again?

I would probably wait about a month or 2. How long did u have ur braids in?

Sorry for all the questions:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I went natural on a whim. I had 3-4 inches of split ends after terrible bouts at dominican salons. this was after i already had a 2 inch trim a month before. so i had it and i cut it all off. but i didn't like my new cut. neither did my boyfriend. i couldn't even fake that i liked it. so i just feel really unsexy right now. i got braids in the meantime but i hate having braids haha.

I hope to use Affirm or Milani? relaxer.

Am I sure I want to relax again? I don't know. Right now, hair is hair to me. It always grows back. I more interested in styles than having long hair or short hair or natural or relaxed. I wouldn't mind staying natural but it's gonna be a while before me or my boyfriend appreciate the length.

I had my braids in for 3 weeks tomorrow.

charmtreese

I would wait at least 3 days after taking braids out to relax.

If I were you, I would also look into getting the relaxer done at a salon that could also cut and style your hair the way you want.