Relaxed--no heat or Natural flat-iron 1x weekly?

Sridevi

I'm curious which is healthier for the hair. Relaxing but subsequently applying no heat or staying Natural but flat-ironing once a week after air-drying overnight (my current regimen)?

I'm am currently transitioning but not certain if it will be long term. I'm trying to weigh all the pros and cons. I prefer to wear my hair straight and am thinking that it may be best for me to keep relaxing. Seeing lots of ladies here who have been able to maintain healthy relaxed hair is giving me second thoughts. Plus, I am am very low-maintenance and don't want to spend a lot of time combing my hair.

On the other hand, I'm wary of chemical burns and the damage relaxers did to my hair. If staying natural but air-drying flat-ironing once-weekly is healthier I would prefer to stick to that. It feels kinda good not to be a slave to chemicals and I'm a salon-phobe.

As you can see. I am a very indecisive person.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
interesting...but relaxing and flat-ironing can both damaging to the hair...

hmmmm....it's hard to make a pick...

I would say natural with flat-ironing...but maybe not once a week.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
That's hard because it depends on how healthy the hair is. For some reason the hair in the back of my hair is longer now that my hair is natural. But when I was relaxed, my hair was longer in the front. Plus what temperateture you use to flat iron your hair makes a difference also.